Chapter 6: The Issue

ELAINE'S POV

  As Dick trained with Tim and Jason, Damian asked me,"Elaine, are you busy?"

  I rubbed my eyes as I said,"No, I'm not busy. What do you need, Damian?"

  Damian sat down beside me and said,"Will you come with me to the arcade later?"

  I nodded saying,"Sure. Why don't we go right now? I could use something to keep me awake."

  Damian smiled and nodded before I quickly rushed over to Dick and jumped on his back.

  Dick said,"What is it, Mrs. Grayson?"

  "I'm going with Damian to the arcade. I'll let you know when we're on the way back here."

  Dick gave me a long kiss before he said,"Be careful. I love you."

  "I love you as well, Nightwing."

  Jason rolled his eyes and mocked me saying,"I love you as well, Nightwing."

  I tripped him and said,"Oops. My bad."

  .....

  As Damian and I spent time together at the arcade, I realized this was one of the few times it had only been Damian and I together. Damian seemed like he really enjoyed spending time with me, or either he was just putting up a good front. Either way, I was enjoying myself.
  When I walked away to purchase some more tokens, I noticed someone watching me at the front entrance. I tried to get a good look at them, and I would say that the person looked just..like me. And after I had purchased more tokens for Damian and I, the person was gone. Immediately, I went looking for Damian, and when I found him, I hugged Damian like he was my own child.

  He mumbled,"Elaine, you're squeezing me."

  I let go of him saying,"Sorry. I just wanted to hug you. Here's some more tokens."

  Damian took the tokens from me, but he said,"You just gave me more tokens."

  "No, I didn't. I just left to get us some more."

  Damian said,"I understand. You're trying to lighten the mood, right?"

  "Uh, right."

  Damian went back to playing the game, but I was on edge now. The person that looked like me could have still been here. She could still be watching me.
  When Damian ran off to play something else, I went looking for the other me. Yet, I had no luck. I let Damian use my leftover tokens, and then we headed back to Wayne Manor.

  As I drove, Damian asked me,"Elaine, what's wrong?"

  "Something doesn't feel right."

  Damian said,"Is there anything I can do, Grayson?"

  "No, but I appreciate you asking. I had fun today, Damian."

  Damian smiled saying,"I had fun as well."

  When we arrived at Wayne Manor, Damian walked inside, yet I couldn't shake the feeling I was being watched.

  "Who are you?"

  I turned, and it was the other me. We had the exact same features, except her outfit was different. Her hair was a little longer, but no one would notice if we were to switch places for even two seconds.

  "I'm Elaine. Who are you?"

  "Elaine Grayson. Who are you really?"

  I said,"My name really is Elaine, and how are you here?"

  She said,"I'm from here. I've just been away."

  I held my head as she said,"If you're here, then have you been posing as me? I want answers, but you did me a favor."

  "Wait, what? How have I been doing you a favor?"

  She chuckled saying,"I'm in love with someone else. Dominic. Have you run into him yet?"

  "Dominic? Really? Have you been seeing him behind Dick's back?"

  She nodded saying,"Yeah, but you wouldn't tell him that, would you? If you were to tell him, then I could make sure he knew that you're not from here."

  I closed my mouth, and I felt someone's arms wrap around me.

  Dick said,"Why are you out here?"

  "I just wanted to get some air."

  "Thanks for spending time with Damian. He's really happy."

  "You're welcome. I enjoyed it."

  Dick laughed before he asked me,"Are you going to stay out here?"

  "No, I'm not."