Chapter 14: Back in San Diego, California

ELAINE'S POV

  As I stood in the middle of my living room, it felt... so foreign to me. We had been in Gotham for so long that it literally felt like I was in somebody else's house right now. It was quite the feeling all right. Quite the feeling.
  Zora, on the other hand, was looking over at my comic books. I knew who was on her mind right now, and I couldn't blame her. I couldn't blame her at all. She missed Tim. I missed Dick, but I didn't even know if it was a good idea to entertain the thought of seeing any of them again.

  Regardless of what I was supposed to entertain, I pulled Zora in for a hug and said,"Just let it out, Zora. It's okay. It's just the two of us."

  Not even two seconds later, Zora and I were both on the floor as I held her. Better for her to let all of this out now, instead of holding it in for decades.
  As I held Zora, I thought about how I was so worried that I wouldn't remember anything from my time in Gotham, but I remembered everything.

  I remembered everything.
......

  A couple of hours later, Zora went home, and I cleaned up my place a little bit. I moved all of my comic books back into my bedroom, before I crashed onto the bed. I knew that it was going to be hard getting back to how things were before, but I didn't have a choice.
  However, it was time that I found a better job than the one I have now. I, now, knew that something crazy could happen at any moment, but I wanted to be able to say that I did something in an attempt to make my life a little better than it was before. 

  So, when I was finally able to find another job, I quit the job that I surprisingly still had and went along with the much better opportunity for me.

  Since I seemed to be in a way better mood as a result of having a job that I genuinely enjoyed, I began to go to the gym, too. Zora even decided to join me, which made my time at the gym... interesting. It was something that we just did together on the weekends, and I was so glad to see my best friend/sister not being lazy or judgmental.
  Right now, Zora and I were sitting in my living room watching Batman: Under the Red Hood. Zora was really enjoying it, given it was her first time seeing it. Me, on the other hand, this had to have been my one thousandth time watching it. I still loved it, though.

  Zora said,"I like the way they made Jason look. It works."

  I smiled at the thought of Jason and said to Zora,"It does work. They got his attitude down as well."

  Zora laughed, before the movie sadly came to an end. I went to put another DC movie in, but Zora stopped me.

  She said,"Do you realize that we actually had a relationship with Jason, Tim, Dick, Alfred, Damian, Bruce, Flash, and all those other people?"

  I said,"Yeah. It's something that may make us sound crazy, but the two of us know that it was real. Look at you caring about comic book material."

  Zora replied,"It's important stuff. It looks like our comic book store has a lot of comics on Tim, so we need to go to the comic book store and get some more. We have to, Elaine. As my best friend, it's your job to make sure that I get to the comic book store to get those comic books."

  I fixed her hair saying,"Of course, I'll take you to the comic book store tomorrow. I need to get some new comics anyway. I can actually afford more now. I love my job."

  Zora said,"Ooo, Elaine's not broke."

  I tackled Zora, and she fought with me for a while until she just lied on the floor.

  I said,"You're going to mess up your hair."

  "So. It's already messed up."

  "I mean, yeah, it is."

  "Elaine, watch how you speak to me."

  "I will not."

  "I'm going home."

  "All you do is go home, but okay. Bye. Love you, Zora."

  "Love you, too."