Chapter 9: Time

ELAINE'S POV

  As I ate dinner with the Bat-family, I cleared my throat to get everyone's attention.

  I stood to my feet and looked between everyone saying,"My time here is limited, but I want all of you to know that I've enjoyed getting to know each and every one of you. You guys have made me forget about the struggles I had back at home, but now I'm ready to start taking them more seriously. This whole experience has taught me how to really appreciate the extraordinary people that are around you, even if it doesn't feel like it's been long enough."

  My eyes met Dick's, and he took my hand.

  Damian frowned saying,"Elaine, do you have to go?"

  I nodded saying,"I do. I don't want to go, but I have people that are counting on me. I can't let them down."

  Bruce was wiping his face, and I made a face at him saying,"Batman, are you crying? Are those tears?"

  Alfred just said,"They're tears."

  I got up and walked over to Bruce before I hugged him. Bruce hugged me back, before I looked over at Jason.

  I then hugged Jason and said,"I'll miss you, Jase."

  Jason hugged me back saying,"I'll miss you too, Elaine. Can Drake go and you stay?"

  Tim rolled his eyes, but he was also on the phone with Zora. Who knows what Zora was doing right now. After I sat back down, I just enjoyed this meal with everyone. I didn't know if it would be the last one, so I didn't want to rush it.

  After everyone went their separate ways, Dick asked me,"Is there a place that you really wanted to see while you were here?"

  There were many comic book places I wanted to see, but I had to think of the place I wanted to see the most.

  I moved his hair back as I said,"What about where Haly's Circus was?"

  Dick tensed, yet he asked me,"Why there, Elaine?"

  "Because it was an important part of your life, and I wanted to see where that important part of your life took place at."

  Dick nodded and led me out of Wayne Manor, before he took us to where Haly's Circus used to be before his parents died.

  As we walked around together, I said,"Do you think you would have still been participating in the circus if your parents hadn't.."

  Dick squeezed my hand as he said,"Who knows, but maybe. I enjoyed it. I enjoyed the family that I had. In a way, I incorporated what I learned during my time here into what I do now, but I could never forget any of the things that I did."

  I stopped us from walking any further and cupped his face saying,"And you shouldn't forget. Memories are important. They give us something to remember, and this moment right now will be something I hope I won't forget."

  Dick asked me,"Why would you forget?"

  I shrugged saying,"I don't know, but I can't rule the possibility of forgetting everything that's happened here out. But I hope if I can't get back any of these moments, that I'll at least have one. Just one, Grayson."

  Dick smiled down at me saying,"Hey, you're still here, and we have the make the most of the time that's left."

  "You're right. Keep me positive, Grayson. You ready to go?"

  Dick shook his head saying,"Yes, I'm ready to go."

  ........

  When Dick and I made it to the house, he said,"You want to watch a movie?"

  "Sure."

   ......

  Not even halfway through the movie, Dick had fallen asleep on my stomach. However, I nearly screamed when Zora slammed the door open and rushed over to me.

  She said,"Elaine, we have to go back home now."