Chapter 5: Anger

DICK'S POV

  When I woke up, Elaine was no longer in my arms. I slowly sat up and headed into the bathroom, thinking that maybe she was doing her hair. However, she wasn't in the bathroom. I looked all around the house for Elaine, and there was no sign of her. She didn't tell me she was going anywhere last night, but maybe something came up. Why didn't she tell me, though? Was she in trouble?

  Since I was worried about my wife, I checked for her at Wayne Manor. Alfred told me Elaine had been here, but he didn't know where she was now. So, I asked Bruce. Bruce told me that she needed to talk to Barry at S.T.A.R. Labs, but he didn't ask her what for. At least I knew that she wasn't in trouble, but I wanted to know why she needed to talk to Barry. 

   ELAINE'S POV

  Barry ended up running Zora and I to Dick and I's place, before he said to me,"Elaine, we'll figure this out."

  I nodded, and Barry ran off.

  Zora said,"I think he likes you, Elaine."

  I laughed and pushed her saying,"Knock it off, Zora. We just have to keep this up until we can go home."

  Zora asked,"And how long will that be?"

  "I don't know, but I trust Barry."

  "Why did you need to go see Barry?"

  Dick stood at the front door, and I said,"I needed his opinion about a decision I have to make."

  Dick pouted and said,"Why didn't you just ask me?"

  "I didn't want to wake you up. I'll make sure I ask you the next time I need an opinion."

  Dick didn't say anything back to me, but I did notice him looking behind me. I looked behind me and my ex-boyfriend was here.

  Zora said,"You see him too, right?"

  I slowly nodded, and Dick said,"Dominic, get away from my house."

  Zora and I both looked at each other confused. So here, my ex-boyfriend's name was Dominic. Here, he still seemed like he caused problems for other people though.

  Dominic reached out to touch my face, but Zora stopped him saying,"Don't touch her. Dick asked you to leave."

 Zora let go of Dominic's hand, before Dominic said,"I don't have to go anywhere, and you know she belongs with me, Grayson. You've always known that."

  Dominic looked over at me, and I looked away from him.

  He chuckled saying,"Playing hard to get? That's fine. You heard what I said, Elaine. I'm only two blocks down."

  Dick grabbed Dominic by his collar and said,"I won't ask you again. Elaine's not going anywhere."

  Dominic spit in Dick's face, before Dick repeatedly punched him in the face.

  I pulled Dick off Dominic and yelled,"DICK, STOP! YOU'RE LETTING HIM WIN!"

  Dick didn't even look at me as he turned and walked inside.

  Dominic said,"Don't make that face, Elaine. He needs to learn to control his anger."

  I said,"You need to leave him alone. Don't come back here."

  Dominic kept his gaze on me as he said,"There's something different about you. I like it, but it won't help him."

  Dominic left, and Zora said,"That guy is crazy. You should check on Dick. I'm going to go to the house Bruce Wayne bought me. He is pretty cool."

  Zora waved her hand in front of my face and said,"Elaine, you still there? What is it?"

  "Dominic. I think all of this has something to do with him. It's just a feeling."

  Zora sent me sympathetic eyes before she said,"Don't start thinking about him. Go check on Dick. Go, Elaine."

  I walked inside and Dick was on the sofa, facing away from me. I could hear him crying, and I felt bad for him. Clearly, Dominic and Dick had run-ins with each other often, but the run-ins obviously bothered Dick. I got in behind Dick and wrapped my arms around him.

  He pulled me over him and into his arms.

  "I really need you. I'm sorry you had to see that."

  "It's okay. I'm sorry he gives you a hard time, but Grayson, I could never replace you. Dominic is not the man you are, and I'm grateful I get to be your wife. I really am."