- eight -

"more actions that words type of person..."

Chapter Eight:

Chapter Eight:

"Stop acting like a chump, Walters! It's all in the leg movements."

"Move it! I don't want to see you break a sweat on that fifth lap or else you're running five extra rounds!"

The sounds of Coach Williams and Coach Todd were booming throughout the football field, alerting the new recruits to push their body beyond their limits; something some of them had never done before.

RK was used to this, first two weeks of trying out for the freshmen team, he knew the drill.

Never get on the coaches bad sides and never show fear.

He made his way to a bench, stretching before hand. The daily use of stretches was instilled into him from an early age when he would be playing soccer, football, lacrosse or any sport with his dad.

After doing the necessary exercise, RK saw Cody and Zack come up to him. "Hey man." Zack started offering RK a sup nod.

"You ready for tryouts?" Cody asked as RK licked his lips, nodding his head.

"What about you guys?" He asked as the boys looked ahead at the scrawny freshmen that were already breaking sweats, and that too from the very first lap.

"They have a lot of work to do. And yeah, I am." Zack shrugged.

"Yeah, not that many nerves. Going for the same position." Cody nodded, watching the freshmen.

"You trying out for wide receiver?" Zack asked as the attention was focussed on the freshmen.

"Maybe, could change." RK shrugged it off as the boys nodded.

"Ouch." The boys simultaneously muttered as they saw three freshmen colliding into one another, dropping to the floor in pain.

"That's gotta hurt." Cody grimaced.

*

After fifteen minutes of waiting for the coaches to finish, making the freshmen run and sustain bruises, both coaches shaking their head, making the scrawny freshmen sit down.

"Alright! Varsity tryouts!" Coach Todds yelled. "Freshmen." They looked up at him as a few had tissues stuck to their noses, blood staining the former white cloth as others had ice glued to their cheeks, afraid they were going to be called to do some more harsh activities.

"Watch how it's done." The boys sighed in relief as Coach Williams commenced the practice.

"Zack Adams, you're up." Cody and RK glanced at the boy beside them. Zack got up and put on his helmet.

"You got this dude." Cody nodded as RK gave him a fist bump.

"What position, son?" Coach Williams asked.