- thirteen -

'Support another no matter...'

Chapter Thirteen:

Chapter Thirteen:

The house tour was being commenced and Athena had looked at her son with a warm smile. She knew he was trying to stabilise a relationship with his father, but it was proving to be difficult.

"Just give it some time, sweetheart." Athena rubbed Holland's back in a comforting manner.

"This is our gaming room." Isaac proudly revealed.

"Nice decor." Rich complimented eyeing the room from the top, with the mood light in a thick strip going around the room as the remainder of the room was covered by black.

Black leather chairs pushed to the back as there were beanbags varying from cyan to black or red or even purple, the room held a cool futuristic vibe.

"Thanks man." Isaac nodded as Rich was glancing at the video games, picking it up.

"Woah, you have Battle Warriors, I swear this doesn't come out for the three weeks!" RK and Brandon were amused by this sudden attitude change, Rich realised how he acted as he put the game down.

"Don't be ashamed, that's my favourite game; this is after the beta version." Reece shrugged.

"But how'd you get it?" Rich asked confused.

RK softly sighed, "My dad is an engineer and he took part in designing this game." RK admitted as Rich was surprised but nodded his head, understanding.

"Do you wanna play?" Brandon suggested.

"Yeah, why not." Rich nodded his head, smiling lightly.

Brandon pulled out four controllers as he handed one to Rich, RK and Isaac as he kept one for himself.

RK switched the gaming device on as he placed the disk in, entering his account and then selecting the game.

"Holland, you can finish the tour." Isaac started as Holland arched a brow.

"Okay," he spoke unsure before continuing, leaving the room to see his family had jut stopped outside of the room with Danny, "let's move on to the next rooms."

Everyone looked at each other and nodded their heads. Danny and Holland continued with the tour as Connor, Vincent and Ethan were downstairs in the basement, discussing over something.

"What do you think we do?" Ethan asked as the boys contemplated with themselves.

Before anyone could respond, the sound of the top of the basement door was heard opening.

"Hey, what's down here?" Felicia asked as Danny and Holland were quick to speak.

"No, wait don't-." she had opened the door as Danny clsoed his eyes for a brief moment. "-open that."

"Oh, I'm sorry..." she trailed off as Felicia caught eyes on a light at the bottom of the stairs, "I think there is someone down there."

Holland averted his eyes to his friend who turned his head after licking his lips. This was getting a little risky. If their family went down there, there would surely be questions rising.

Everyone started making their way down the steps, "guess we're screwed." Holland breathed out.

As soon as the boys came down the stairs, not knowing how Holland's family were going to react, their reactions faded away to somewhat of a relief.

"Maybe not." Danny responded.

There sat Connor lifting weights, as Vincent was running on the treadmill and Ethan chugging a bottle of water. The three boys turned their eyes to the group of people who came downstairs.

"Oh hey, guys." Ethan started up casually.

"You boys are working out?" Donna asked confused. "Down here?" She looked around the lightly lit basement.

"There can never be enough time to keep your body fit-," Connor put the weights down standing up, "-and healthy."

"Dude's got a point." Vincent slowed the speed down of the treadmill as Ethan threw a bottle in his direction; catching it instantly walking on the treadmill.

Ethan handed a bottle to Connor as well as they all stopped 'working out' and made their way to the group.

Danny and Holland looked at their friends who cleared their confusions by holding a knowing look.

The three boys heard the door open, ending their conversation instantly. As soon as they heard Danny and Holland's voice, they knew that the guests were coming down the steps.

The boys looked at each other before Vincent leaped to pull the lever, as the basement turned into an ordinary home gym.

"Quickly jump onto equipments." Connor started as Vincent quickly made a route towards the treadmill and Connor grabbed some weights and picked them up as they had already arrived.

Ethan grabbed a water bottle from the fridge in good time, exhaling softly.

Holland cleared just throat as everyone turned his way, "Well, shall we continue with the tour?" The guests nodded their head in agreement.

"Let's go." Athena started. "This is still a basement, gives me shudders." She was the first one going upstairs as the rest followed.

"Close call dudes." Holland breathes out in relief.

"Good thing one of you pulled it." Danny nodded as both boys made their way upstairs.

"We should have a bell on that door." Ethan shook his head.

"Yeah," Connor agreed, "now what do we do about this?" They all looked down at the note with a job needed to be done.

"I guess we wait." Vincent breathed out.

A/N: Hi! I am back! Finally back to writing! There was a lot of thinking on my behalf, I've got some other stories in my library and this story means a lot to me too. So I couldn't give up haha.

I hope you enjoyed this short but hopefully a decent chapter.

With all that's going on, I don't exactly feel the best writing, it takes it away from the movement. However, writing is important and if I can spread awareness in my stories — I will.

Please keep supporting #BLACKLIVESMATTER ❤️

- Maryam 🖤