- fourteen -

'Life with a pet or a baby...'

Chapter Fourteen:

Chapter Fourteen:

"And that's a house tour wrap." Holland breathed out as Danny ran a hand through his hair.

"That was a good game, boys." Rich chuckles as the boys were coming down the steps.

"Yeah, it was, wasn't it." Isaac nodded as both boys fist-bumped.

"You should come over if you wanna play again." Brandon started as Rich's side perked up.

"Yeah man, would love too."

The sound of someone clearing their throats was heard as all the boys turned their heads to Athena, Vincent, Connor and Ethan emerging from the kitchen.

"If you boys have had enough of your chattering, shall we leave?" Athena amusedly started up.

"Yeah, my bad. Good seeing you guys." The guys bro-hugged Rich as they agreed with him.

"You too man."

"It was good seeing you boys," Athena started as Donna breathed out,

"Here comes the waterworks."

The boys chuckled lightly at the sound of this.

"Thank you for the food and dessert. It was lovely." Athena smiled at Ethan and Vincent. She paused, almost containing herself before giving up, "Oh, come here." She embraced both boys as they glanced at each other and lightly hugged her back.

Holland's mother released, before she engulfed the rest of the boys into her embrace. Containing her tears, Athena released them as the boys turned to the firm gaze of William Richards.

"Thank you for having us, boys." Holland's father's deep but calm voice admitted.

"The pleasure is ours, sir." Brandon nodded as the boys agreed with a curt nod.

"It was good to see you all." William shook each boy's hand firmly, as they all returned it in the same manner.

"You as well, sir." Each response was the same and well in synch.

Though when it came to his turn, Holland looked up at his father, as William nodded his head at his son.

Holland gave a tight-lipped smile in response. He knew his father somehow. How he was, how he acted. But like now, he felt a deep pang of sadness.

Athena and William both glanced at each other, before Athena directed at her children and Felicia. "We'll meet you guys near the cars." With that Holland's parents left the house.

"Great to meet you boys, I had fun." Felicia smiled as the boys averted their gaze to her.

"Good to hear." Ethan nodded his head, acknowledging this fact.