- twelve -

'Family means everything...'

Chapter Twelve:

Chapter Twelve:

The big gates opened to reveal two cars coming through.

The passengers inside were awestruck by the beauty of the big house in front of them. They were secretly admiring the exterior of the mansion, the beautiful bed of flowers outside, elegantly positioned, to the way the water fountain sparkled in the night under the stars.

The parking was definitely not a complain and it screamed modern and contemporary from the outside. After parking up, the two drivers stepped out as the rest of the passengers exited shortly.

"This is grand." A deep male voice admitted neutrally as an older woman stood beside him, who agreed with a nod.

"It is, isn't it?" A smile crossed her lips, linking her arm with the older man's arm.

They sauntered their way up the steps casually, taking slow strides as they tried to take in the breath-taking beauty. The woman's eyes twinkled with glee as she was captured by the plants that were planted by the gardeners.

A young man, possibly a few years older than Holland raised his hand to knock on the door, doing this twice.

'Knock knock'

Waiting for a few moments,  there was no reply.

The same man raised his hand to knock on the door, as everyone waited patiently.

The response occurred was the same; as everyone glanced at each other, slightly confused.

"Are they not in?" A young woman beside the young man asked confused.

Just then, the door opened with a dashing looking Holland as he greeted everyone with a pearly smile. "Hey guys, come in."

Everyone stepped inside, many clearly excited to see Holland, others nervous or simply observing the entrance.

"Why do you seem like you're out of breath?" The older woman asked staring at Holland in curiosity as he let out a small chuckle.

"Oh, you know, Mom. Always try and get a work-out whenever I can."

Holland turned to the side and hid his 'what-did-I-just-say' embarrassed face, composing himself before turning back to his family who seemed to have bought it.

To the outside eye, it wouldn't have looked like the boys were running around, quickly getting dressed and fixing themselves up, whilst the door kept knocking.

Holland was hugging his mother and his sister, "it's great to see you guys."

"I've missed my little boy." Holland's mother kissed her younger son.

"You as well. It's been long." His sister smiled, returning the hug.

Though, when it came to his father, Holland glanced at him. "Hey Dad. How have you been?" He asked slowly.