Glimpse

Author's's Point Of View:

The interior of this room was vintage style.

Beautifully crafted furnitures and candles decorated the room.

The candles were flickering due to the slight wind that was coming from the attached huge balcony.

She don't know how she suddenly found herself in this very unfamiliar room and... seeing herself sleeping on the bed. Rose started to squirm in her sleep as beads of sweats started to form on her forehead.

Suddenly...a man entered the room.

He didn't radiated any sort of danger but...strangely enough...comfort.

Though this is a dream, it started to feel very real. So realistic that Rose could feel it happened before, somewhere in her lifetime.

The man was gazing at her sleeping figure with so much fond in his eyes..

Wait...his eyes...

They're Golden.

Rose's breathing ragged as the blanket fell from her body and grabbed the bedsheet tightly. The dream was feeling so real that it was terrifying her.

Slowly the man walked towards her bed and knelt down beside the edge of the bed where her head was. Gently, he stroked her cheeks with his fingers as he kept staring at her closed eyes. There was a hint of faint smile on his lips.

Even though the atmosphere there was very unfamiliar to her but the man in front of her felt completely opposite. His touch felt so real as if he actually touched her cheeks like that before.

"I did this to you but..still I'm not ready to let go of you yet"

The man mumbled and Chuckled to himself. But his eyes were glassy. Then suddenly his chuckle formed into a frown as if he was in a deep thought of dread.

"I just came here to see you and cherish your presence one last time"

His voice came out as a whisper as he gently touched her hand and intertwined the fingers afterwards as he started to stroke  her cheek.

" I wanted to say you one thing, whatever happens, I'll prove it to you that beyond a shadow of doubt, I loved you"

Rose started to tear up in her sleep. The man gave her heart pain and a very unknown desperation to hold him and hug him but..she can't.

"You don't know....how much it's killing me for doing this... I feel like my heart is dying..."

The man put his forehead on hers.

"And...I'll do everything in my power to bring you back to me when the time is right. But I don't have the power to bring your memories back. You just have to try to find me, love--"

The vision of her dream started to get blurry as the man's voice became distant. She didn't want to leave his warmth.

She was waking up.

The only thing I felt was a drop of tear that fell on her cheek.

"Just please... Try to find any answer. I'll be waiting for you. If our love and connection is strong, you'll know where to find m--"

Thats when, she could see another man leaning onto the doorframe with a very dreaded and sorrowfull expression.

He felt like the same person...who saved her life..

The dream was  vanishing from her vision completely as she saw the man near her became blurrier.

"n-no...NO! Ta--"

Rose jolted and sat up straight on her bed and she was panting hard. She quickly looked around her, only to see that she was still in her house, in her room. It was very late at night, around 2am she woke up.

She slowly touched her cheeks and flinched slightly at the realization that she was actually crying in her sleep. But the dream just felt so real

Rose curled her hand into a fist as she put it on her heart. It was beating so fast like she ran so many kilometers. She never had this type of dream where she felt that it could happen in real life.

Pulling herself off the bed, she found herself a glass of water in her room and went to her window. Opening it to let some cold air brush against her and possibly melt away her....fear.

She feared that if that was a glimpse of her lost memories.

She could still feel his tear that fell on her cheek.

And that man who was standing by the door, he seemed like the same man who was standing at the jungle entrance by the trees when they were rescued.

Rose's eyes widened at that.

She visibly started to shake.

"why am I feeling that....that he actually loved me. Like I knew him before my memories were gone?"

The look of admiration in his face, Rose felt it through her bones. It couldn't be just a dream, right? Also....that man who saved her life just yesterday, almost looked like the same person from her dream.

"But I could be wrong, right?"

Her heart was telling her to find out about it. Find him. But she didn't know how. Her subconscious was telling her to find answers.

Suddenly, Rose remembered his face when she saw him that day of her rescue,

His stare on her that made her shiver, the feeling she felt that he knew everything about her, wasn't just any random feeling. Maybe he actually knew her and maybe she was the same.

But if he really knew her and possibly loved her..then why she didn't see him after that day? Why he just... disappeared?

So many questions were now on Rose's head that every blink of sleepiness has swept away from her eyes.

All night long she tried to figure out her past and any linkings with the man. But, of course. She found nothing. At this point, she became desperate.

"It may sound stupid, but i'll try to find that man from yesterday. Maybe, he will cross paths with me on that road again."

She didn't even realized that she was going to say "Taehyung" out loud.

Meanwhile,

In the Aurelian Castle,

A girl ran so fast to a certain room. She was crying happy tears as she ran.  When she finally reached the person's room,

"Taehyung!"

The said man whipped his head towards his sister's happy face while his was lifeless. He was standing by the big window, enjoying the beautiful moonlight.

"We've found Lucifer's mate."

The man seemed to couldn't believe what he is hearing but after a moment, his face lit up with so much relief and happiness that he couldn't contain his smile and he got teary.

"It's time Tae. It's time."

Author's Note:

Sorry guys I was in a long vacation. I traveled half of my country lol. Anyway, I'll publish again in three days. Until then I hope you enjoy it.