Courage

Rose's Point Of View~

One day passed by. I still didn't make a move.

It's afternoon now. Everyone is taking a break after the long and time consuming games. We started very early in the morning and just finished. Some of the students went to their tents to have a good nap. A few of them was outside.

And, here I am, sitting at the shore stones of the lake. Enjoying the beautiful breeze. It was also the same place me and Sara sat when we were here. Many memories started to pour in. But the train of memories stopped at the scene where we were taking selfies with the teachers. That's it. I don't remember further.

God...the way I want to bring my memories back...

I sighed heavily.

I kept thinking about it until I finally made at least one decision for the day.

It wouldn't hurt to walk around the woods a little while. Right? Maybe take some photos or so.

Nodding to myself, I stood up to go to my tent to grab my backpack. After I took my necessities, I went straight to one of the teacher to give me the permission which she gave me but also told me to not to go too far away. To which I nodded and thanked her.

I took a deep breath as I was nearing the woods that was surrounding us. The woods weren't that deep. Sunlight is still prominent around the area. Pleasant breeze flowing my hair as I walked more further into the woods. I felt my nerves calmed by the atmosphere.

I looked around me as I thought of supernatural beings living among us, it made a shiver of excitement go down to my spine. A curiosity build up in me that was telling me to go more further into the woods. But I am trying to hold that in. I have not any type of proper plan of what to do next.

But....being the one curious cat I was, I just walked more and more into the woods.

"Oh God stop me before I do something stupid!"

I know it was reckless and bold decision to make all of a sudden. But the urge to see his face blocked up every sane thoughts.

I just walked and walked and walked. A little bit faster than before. Dried leafs crushed beneath my feet as it was the only sound around me now. Apart from the distant birds. My heart was beating really fast at this point. I don't know why though.

I lost track of time as I kept going.

"What am I even doing this when I don't even know if can even find him?"

I huffed to my own stupidity but the curiosity never left. It almost felt like something was calling me in. In this woods.

I just felt a connection..

I am way far from the area where we were rescued three years ago.

"Should've brought Sara with me"

I cursed at myself. But No..

"But I don't wanna put her in danger just because of my reckless decision"

After crossing more up and down ground areas, I finally looked around me to scan the area properly.

Oh damn.

God...Did I really messed up? Why didn't you stop me?!

This place has a really short amount of light!

I huffed to myself as Blaming God isn't going to help me when I was the one wanted to come here at very first. I can feel the blood rush into my veins as fear slowly started to kick in. This place looks.... mystical, that doesn't exist or shouldn't be existing.

Am I going crazy?

The place is too beautiful to be true. Way to much clean. It's so beautiful that it gave me chills. An eerily feeling crept up my body as I looked at it's beauty. I should be amazed but I can't seem to.

There's just silence. Just silence. And I just noticed that there isn't any breeze or wind.

I felt the goosebumps Rose up all over my body as I came realization.... That I was finally deep in the woods.

I wanted to come here so bad. But now that I'm here, why am I being so coward? I mentally scolded myself over and over again. Now it isn't the time for me to regret. I need to keep going. I came here for a purpose after all.

But doing so, my ears picked up a sound that I didn't want to hear at that very time.

Footsteps

My heart literally sank.

And! To make it even worse, it came right somewhere behind me.

I feel like I'm in a horror movie. My body and mind is very, very afraid of looking back at the source of the footsteps. I just stood there frozen. My breathing and heartbeat accelerated ten times faster. This can't be happening right now. No. I really hoped by then that if this is a dream.

As if the person or whatever that is, realized that I sensed it's presence, it just stopped. Freaking stopped!

But I was still standing there frozen. Not even moving an inch. My body felt like it couldn't function anymore.  Because the way I wasn't prepare for it....

I didn't want to turn to look behind me and see something horrifying. That's my worst nightmare.

My ragged breathing could be heard more prominently in this a silent deep woods. The only thing that kept me from having a heart attack is that my instinct, that is telling me, it won't hurt me. I really, really hoped so.

I closed my eyes to breath in and out properly to calm me down just a little bit. But....I was afraid to open my eyes now. Damn it!

'What if the thing suddenly appears right in front of me???' I thought to myself as beads of sweats started to form in my forehead.

I carefully opened one eye and....to my relief no one was in front of me. I sighed in relief and opened my eyes fully to finally look behind me.

"You know... you shouldn't be here in a place like this, darling"

I jumped on my skin as I gasped audibly loud. Before I could even turn around, a chilly voice which belonged to a man I suppose, spoke to me just behind my ears.

I can feel it's breathing near my neck.

My head started to spin from the massive fear that built up in me. There's no way I'm in this situation right now. I didn't even hear him coming right behind me!

"And here I thought The two Kings made a invisible force field to keep our kind hidden from the actual world......unless they have a connection"

I held my hands on my mouth to keep me from screaming. Because, right then, I knew he wasn't human.

"Unless..... you're a special one"

I wanted to run but it's like my feet froze and I can't move. And, with so much courage I listened to what he said.

"Unless... You are a very first human mate of someone from our kind"

Author's Note:

Hilly Guys.!! Sorry for the late. I was busy with my teacher's  Daily class tests. And he is a freakin strict teacher. So I'm afraid of going to his class with low marks. Hehe.

Anyway, double update today for my late arrival.

I really hope you like it because I write it in between my studies. Tomorrow is my another test. So for now Byuu