NOT THE SAME

Hailey's pov,
We got to the park thirty minutes after breakfast and headed for the waterfront.

The park seemed pretty deserted save for an elderly couple having a picnic.
"Where's is everybody?" I asked no one in particular.

"Ever since the recent attacks people have been afraid to come out and have fun because they believe it's too dangerous" David answered.

"Well is it dangerous?" I asked again looking at their faces.

But they didn't reply.

We walked in silence for a while until etim shouted "we're here!!!"

I stared ahead to see the most beautiful lake I had ever seen. It looked like it was made of crystals as it glistened I'm the sun light. Their was a really elegant swan shaped marble bridge stretching across it which mad the whole thing look like something from a fairy tale.

"This is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen"

"I know... It still takes my breath away every time I see it" David said looking at the beautiful sight before him.

Jewel hadn't said a word since we left and I was starting to think she was having second thoughts about coming with us when she said "why don't you go for a swim?"

"Sure but won't you swim too" I asked as I started taking of my cloths to reveal my one piece bathing suit.

"Nah I'll just stay here and watch"
Not wanting to push her or anything I said "okay suit yourself" I turned to face David and etim who where still admiring the view and shouted "last one in is a rotten egg!!!"

I ran to the lake and I noticed the boys struggling to take off their clothes and catch up as I jumped into the water. instead of being met with cold water it was surprisingly warm.

"Woah this water is surprisingly warm"

"Canon ball!!!" Etim shouted as he jumped into the water splashing the water all over me.

"Hey..." But before I could finish my protest David also jumped in the water and splashed my hair.

"You guys..."

"Sorry Hailey" they chorused and I smiled a mischievous smile before splashing water on their body .

"Water fight!!!"

And before we knew it we where splashing water on each others bodies like children and when I looked up I saw jewel smiling at us but she quickly concealed her smile when she saw me looking at her which made me smile back.

After a day of fun it was almost sunset so we left the park and headed back to the castle.

Jewel's pov,
When we got back to the castle tower I was still thinking about this afternoon. I wished I could've joined them but I knew I couldn't.

I just can't be the jewel they use to know back on earth anymore. Tenebras changed me in ways I would never be able to tell another person.

We all went to change out of our clothes and into our jumpsuits before going to the training room to wait for Penelope.

She was thirty minutes late ,which was really unlike her, I wonder where she was.

As I walked in the training room I saw the girls huddled up in one corner, Hailey was probably recounting the activities of today to them, but they dispersed immediately I entered.

I said "hi girls" and waved.

And they replied "hey jewel"

Just then Penelope walked in but she was also wearing a jumpsuit instead of her usual hippie attire.