THE GAMES

HAILEY'S POV,
I could feel it as we stood outside the service entrance, as we stood inside the storage room, as we made our way into the the foyer.

I knew we were walking into something we had no control over. I knew we were walking into a trap. I tried to tell them but they didn't take it seriously.

We should have planned more. We should have thought it through and though I didn't say anything again I could feel the doubt radiating from them.

"Hey guys don't you think it's weird that we haven't come across any guards or servants" I said scanning around the room with my hand clenched tightly around my metal staff.

Since we had successfully infiltrated the tower everyone had their weapons out.

"Yeah she's right" David agreed "this place should be swarming with guards"

"Let's just keep our eyes peeled" Etim said scanning the room.

"I don't know why but I feel like we are walking into a trap" I said.

We stopped when we got to a large room which I concluded was probably used to host parties.

A large door on the other side of the room opened and in walked jewel in all of her full glory.

The dark jewel mark on her forehead shone and was now visible for all to see.

"Jewel!" D.F shouted and ran up to her for a hug. She summoned some dark matter and shot it out of her hand towards the girl who was just happy to see her friend.

D.F shot backwards and landed with a thud.

We all ran to her.

"D.F are you okay?" Rebby asked with concern laced in her voice.

"Yes I'm fine she just knocked the wind out of me" she said taking a long shaky breath.

"What the fuck jewel" David yelled.

"Yeah why would you do that ?" I backed up.

She chuckled. It wasn't the warm kind of chuckle that made you want to smile it was a dry chuckle that left a bad taste in your mouth.

"That was a warning shot" she came closer and shot another ball of matter at David's feet "next time I'll make sure she doesn't survive it"

"Why are you doing this?" I asked with a voice that was laced with sadness.

She smirked and ignored her question "surrender and I'll make your death painless but if you don't..." she chuckled again.

"What happens if we don't" etim said trying to sound brave even though I could hear his voice quiver.

"Then let's just say you'd be giving me a really good reason to rip you apart limb from limb" she smirked again "now what's it gonnna be"

"This isn't you" David tried reason with her "it's the mark it's taking over you"

She gave him a bored look. "I give you all three seconds"

"Don't force us to do this" I voiced out.

"3..." she started.

"Please jewel we don't want to hurt you" D.F added.

she gave a dry chuckle "2..."

"She won't listen we have to take her down" etim spoke with his game face on.

"1..." she pulled out her swords and smiled a devilish smile "oh well I tried"