MISJUDGED?

Okay time for rebby's POV,
    We we're almost to the town and we all knew it. Perhaps that's why we all slowed down without needing to me instructed.

We ducked behind some trees as a group of soldiers passed us by.
"Okay what's the plan" I asked.

  "Let's just go and hope we don't stick out too much until we can find a change of clothes" David said.

That's gonna be hard considering almost everyone in the town is dressed in grey, white, black or a dirty Brown colour, while we were all dressed in our individually brightly colored jumpsuits except David and etim who are dressed in black jumpsuits.

Though the tenebrans dressing should be a definite fashion no I really hoped.we would find some clothes on a line somewhere to change into.

"Let's just go and try to move as quickly as we can" etim said.

"What a genius plan" Hailey said and I glared at her. Someone's cranky.

"You've got a better idea" etim challenged. We all turned to her but she remained silent so we decided to go with etim's idea.

We started trudging through the small town keeping our eyes down and trying to keep to ourselves. But seeing how the people were staring at us and hiding their children I'd say they knew we weren't from there.

It's only a matter of time before the guards get wind of this and come looking for us. As though they could read my thoughts we all started moving at an increased pace.

Just then I spotted a clothes line In the distance and I pointed it out "look!" I whisper yelled.

We increased our pace just as we heard someone shout "there they are".

I didn't have to look back to know it was the guards who had found us "RUN!!!".
I didn't know who shouted, I also didn't know how my legs kept moving so fast of their own accord all I knew is that I had to move as fast as I could.

We kept running and had put a bit of distance between us and the guards when we noticed an old man standing outside a cottage beckoning to us "hey! Come here it's a cliff up ahead you can hide out in my cottage"

We considered our options for a while. On one hand we have no idea who this man is so it could be a trap and on the other hand the guards would catch up to us any moment now.

We heard a shout coming from not so far away saying "They went that way."

And the man shouted again "Quickly or their going to kill you"

We didn't need to agree all round as we all bolted through the old man's door just in time.

"Quickly hide in there" he gestured to a door that which we all hurriedly entered without thinking much about it. The room smelled musty and was dimly lit by a lamp on the wall. The room was clustered with fabric and some unfinished clothes and that's when it occured to me that the man was a tailor.

The workshop reminded me of my house back on Earth. My mom loved to sew so we had a small room in the house which we called her workshop. She would disappear into that into that room all the time and she'd spend all her time sewing beautiful matching dresses for me and her. Of course I would never agree to wear matching clothes with her out in public but being here on this godforsaken planet I can't help but think to myself I would wear all the matching dresses in the world if it means I could go back home to my family and enjoy a hot cup of cocoa by our fire place.

The thought brought tears to my eyes but I was quickly yanked out of my  thoughts when the door to the room opened to reveal the old man and a little girl I assumed was his granddaughter.