6

Note: [Text] = Thoughts-one-has | [Text]= Thoughts-one-has-but-doesn't-want-to-acknowledge-it

Warnings: the usual depressive and suicidal thoughts, angst (because we can't live without it), bouts of misplaced and rightful anger and miscommunication. If any of these triggers you, please don't read.

Author's Notes: Just to let everyone know beforehand: there will be little focus between the development of LWJ and WY love life. But there will be and it will be shown. The focus of this fic is for MingYu to recover, and to have better thoughts about himself. It will also focus on how this world gets better, because of the choices MingYu (and others) make. So yeah, don't expect too much involvement about WY and LWJ love life. (Yes, LWJ has punished WY. I just haven't bothered to show them.)

"What does Lan Qiren has to say now?" Yu Ziyuan drawls out, already mentally exhausted by the never-ending complaints. "Last time he sent letters for a week detailing about MingYu's total lack of conduct and misbehaviour."

"That was hard to believe," Jiang Yanli says serenely as she eats. "MingYu-ge doesn't actively looks for trouble. If anything, he shies away from it."

The reminder of the stark difference between future and current Wei Ying was like a boulder on their shoulders. It was hard to believe that they were one and the same. But they were and they had to fix it. [So that their Wei Ying doesn't turn out like that. It helped that MingYu knew what had happened and, not only that but also helped change it but also gave them a chance to learn.]

"A-Cheng and A-Xian had also sent a letter the very day the 'incident' had happened," Yanli continues softly before a frown graced her face. "I still don't like how they asked us to stay quiet. They insulted MingYu-ge!"

"According to A-Cheng and A-Xian, Lan Qiren apologized so there was no need," Jiang Fengmian reassures. "This letter is, however, a bit more concerning. But it's not from Lan Qiren but A-Cheng."

Immediately, the atmosphere in the room changed.

"What did the Lans do?" Yu Ziyuan asks angrily. "If they've hurt my children-!"

"None of the sort," Jiang Fengmian promptly soothes. His heart warming at inclusion of both Wei Ying as her children. They'd come a long way since then. "However, Lan Qiren's does says that A-Cheng and A-Xian participated in helping out with cleansing ghouls and dealing with a Waterborne Abyss in Biling Lake."

There was silence for a while.

"A waterborne Abyss? But..."

"Yes. It was most likely driven to their waters."

Yu Ziyuan's eyes darkened in rage, "The Wens are getting bolder."

Sect Leader Jiang merely inclines his head in agreement.

"Anyways, it's a thank you letter, along with a subtle accusation of hiding A-Yu's powers."

Both the mother and daughter looked confused.

"Apparently, Stygian and Amulet appeared at A-Yu's behest. Otherwise, they were hidden, lurking in Cloud Recesses."

"..."

Neither of them knew what to say to that. They, themselves, had no idea how powerful MingYu was, but the Jiang matriarch and patriarch's instincts had told him that he was undeniably strong. [But the dead look was enough for them to know that the power was in the hands of someone who had no motivation.]