11

Note: [Text] = Thoughts-one-has | [Text]= Thoughts-one-has-but-doesn't-want-to-acknowledge-it

Warnings: the usual depressive and suicidal thoughts, angst (because we can't live without it), bouts of misplaced and rightful anger and miscommunication. If any of these triggers you, please don't read.

Author's Notes: Here's another extra long chapter (4K words. Damn I wrote a lot) for you guys! I was dying to write this chapter, because well.. I won't spoil it. Just know I enjoyed writing this chapter.

It's heavy again so prepare yourselves. And thank you so much everyone for the warm support you've given! I haven't responded to many and I'm so sorry for that (I haven't had the time tbh) but I've read them all!

Calming down an agitated Wei Wuxian was not easy, Jiang Cheng reflected. It had taken time but he was able to settle him down, enough so that his brother wasn't screaming any longer.

Jiang Cheng knew why his brother reacted the way he did. Understood it even. After all, every Jiang had a similar reaction to Wei Ying, though toned down. But if it was hard for them to watch MingYu, then just how much worse was it for Wei Ying, who had to see what his future self was like?

"Mnn."

Jiang Cheng's eyes softened when Wei Wuxian stirred slightly before falling back asleep. He pulled his brother closer to him and closed his own eyes.

I won't let you become like MingYu. I promise, Wei Wuxian. I will never hate you.

"Wen Ruohan is getting bolder. Tension is brewing. It will only increase as Wen Ruohan becomes bolder and one day, that tension will snap."

Wen Qing couldn't deny that even as she shuffled to get into a more comfortable position. There was tension everywhere, with more unsavoury looks thrown towards her and anyone with the surname 'Wen.'

"When that happens, a war will break out, and during it, no-one is going to care whether or not you are innocent or not. You will be nothing more than 'Wen-dogs.'"

Already, people were calling Wens 'Wen-dogs.' Already people were beginning to hate. Already people were beginning to point fingers.

"They'll kill everyone with the surname 'Wen,' just because hatred and fear is a strong motivator. Everyone will believe that all Wens are the same as Wen Ruohan. You medics would be of no exception. And in the off chance, you do survive, you'll go through something worse. Something you can't even imagine."

When a war were to break out, would dying be a better choice? Being tortured, separated from our families - would it all be worth it to live through?

Nightless City is so big, it has so many people living there. Do you really mean to tell me that everyone there is happy with how Wen Ruohan do things? That they really are happy with the destruction their Sect Leader causes?"

She knew that. Intellectually, she knew that many would rise to the occasion, would cheer the other sects for bringing down Wen Ruohan. She knew that she would be one of them.

"I'm sure they want peace as well. Why should so many people die because of the actions of certain people?"

It was time to change things. Time to show the world that Wen Ruohan's cruelty didn't just extend to those outside of the sect, but also to those who were inside.