Chapter 9 - The Chase Is On

"It's baking time!!"

"God please no…"

Dream quickly slapped down the recipe of a cake, causing Nightmare to groan, knowing there's no way out of it.

"Nightmare, stop being edgy and just help." Dream shoves a mixing bowl into Nightmare's chest, causing Nightmare to somewhat lose his balance in the process.

"You know I don't like many sweet things, Dream."

"But its for fun. Plus we haven't done anything together in a while you know?"

Nightmare looks over to the side, "we could have done something I wanted to do for once…" He mumbles.

"What?"

"I said nothing, let's just get this over with…."

As they continued to follow the recipe, more shenanigans went down. For one, Nightmare tripped and fell, pulling Dream down with him along with a bowl of flour that he was carrying. Coated in flour, Dream sits up and shoots Nightmare a glare, who was laughing his ass off at the incident.

An hour later they finally get done with the cake and threw it in the oven for it to bake, cleaning up the mess they made as it cooked.

"I know baking isn't your specialty, but you have to admit its fun to do."

"Kind of…"

Dream glances over at Nightmare, hearing the disappointment in his voice, and seeing it on his face. He lets out a sigh, before continuing to wipe off the counter.

"I'll tell you what...next Tuesday, we can do what you want to do."

Nightmare's eyes immediately lit up, as he stopped what he was doing and looked over at Dream.

"Really?"

"Yes."

Nightmare squints at Dream suspiciously.
"Promise?"

Dream lets a smile form on his face as he nods.

"I promise."

Throughout the entire day, Nightmare had been on edge. Kevin was also pretty tense the whole day as well. Error certainly could tell something was up just by how they both were acting. Ari, though unsure, knew something was probably wrong as well. Cross tried to act like nothing was wrong; but later on, he started to feel the intensity too.
It was by the end of the day when something very strange happened….

Just like that…

The feeling vanished.
Just like that, it was gone. It was odd but everyone went on with their lives.
Everyone but Nightmare and Error.
That was just too strange to just ignore.

"Nightmare stop being so paranoid." Nightmare looks away from the window and at Cross and Ari. Cross looked completely over it while Ari looked worried. Nightmare sighs glancing back at the window.
"I can't help it, you guys felt it too right.?"

"Yes, but whatever it was it's gone. Please calm down-"

The three turn their attention to Error slamming the door as he hurried inside. Just by his expression, they knew something was up.

"We need to leave!"

"Why!?"

"I think I know who was out there! We need to get out of here!"