Chapter 12 - He's Obsessed

"Have you ever...been in love…?"

Dream looks over at Ani, a slight blush appearing on his face.

"Well…" Ani giggles looking back up at the sky. It was a clear night, and though a bit chilly, it was a perfect time to look at the stars.

"You don't have to answer if you don't want to." Dream smiles softly as Ani scoots closer to him for warmth. Dream wraps a wing around them as he looks back up at the sky.

"You never told me much about Nightmare…I'm kinda curious…"

Dreams smile drops, not wanting to think back to the past. He'd already shut off any emotions he's had towards Nightmare, he didn't want to get them back.
But he honestly couldn't say no to Ani.

"He….he was something."

"Something?" Ani lets out a small laugh at Dream's word choice, it brought a small smile back to Dream's face.

"He always got himself into trouble, he was amazingly stubborn...but he was strong...very strong...he never gave up when times got tough...and always got through the thick and thin despite the odds…" Dream lets out a sigh, recalling the memories. "As I said...he was something."

"He sounds a bit like you."

"Excuse me?" Ani looks up at him, smiling. They meant what they said, and they certainly weren't wrong.

"You're a strong-willed person, who's extremely stubborn and you never seem to give up. You two are kinda alike it sounds, though you both are 'opposites'." Dreams eyes widen. The more he thought about it, the more he realized that they were right. He and Nightmare are more alike than he thought. He let a soft smile creep onto his face.

Truly interesting.

Nightmares eyes widen at what Blue said.

"What…?!"

Nightmare grunts as Blue grabbed him by the collar of his shirt. Blue pulls him up face to face. Nightmare stares into Blue's eyes, seeing hatred in them.

"Error thinks he doesn't need me, he tried to get away from me...and wouldn't you know it! He runs into you…" Pure hatred and jealousy can be heard in his voice. Nightmare could feel the energy coming off of him. "You stole him from me...he NEEDS me...and your keeping him from me…"

"Are you serious!? Error HATES you!! He's terrified of you!! You practically gave him PTSD from how you've treated him!! You're horrible! I'll never let you near him!" Blues glare darkens. He slams him into a tree, keeping him pinned there.

"I'm against violence...it makes me sick...but I wouldn't mind killing you off…"

"But that wouldn't be what Error would want." Blues eyes soften. He looks down and begins to think, a scowl still showing on his face.

"Blue…" He looks back up at Nightmare, his eyes now full of confusion and sorrow.

"If this is all for Error...what do you think Error would want you to do…?"

Blue looks away again, he squeezes his eyes shut trying to think. He knows exactly what that would be, but he doesn't want to accept it… He glares at Nightmare one last time…

Before letting him go, letting Nightmare fall to the ground. Nightmare looks back up at Blue. Blue glares down at Nightmare.

And without another word, Blue turns and leaves, making a portal and jumping through it. Nightmare lets out a relieved sigh, allowing a few tears to fall from his face.
Error was right about Blue, he was very obsessive over him...but he felt a certain energy from him…

One of sadness…

One of loneliness…

One of jealousy...

One...of desperation…

Even with that though, Blue was a dangerous person...and he definitely has a grudge against Nightmare. He was certainly jealous, envious…
It scared Nightmare, yet it made him feel a bit bad for Blue…

No matter…

Nightmare was not in a healthy situation to be thinking about that stuff. Nightmare tries to push himself up, only to fall back down onto the ground. He needed to rest, but resting here wasn't the best option.
Just to make matters worse, Nightmare hears a strike of thunder, as lightning lit up the now dark sky.

"It's starting to rain."

Cross walks over to Error, who was looking out the window. He watches as raindrops begin to fall.

"I hope Nightmare’s ok…" Cross looks at Error, worry in his eyes.

"Me too Error...me too…" Error sighs, walking away from the window and to the couch, where he picks up a backpack.
"I'm heading out."

"Be careful."

Error nods as he leaves through the front door. He throws on his hood as he makes his way down the sidewalk.
An hour later, the rain is pouring down. Error had managed to snatch a couple of items. Luckily he didn't have to worry about getting couches and beds since Jackie somehow managed to get those for them. It kinda scared Error how Jackie is able to get all this stuff, and where.
Error sighs, trying to make his way back 'home'.
As he walks, something...or really...someone, catches his eye. He looks over to his side, his eyes widen at who he's in front of.

Ink…

"The hell are you doing out here glasses….?"

(Yup, its short. Sorry, I wanted to get one last chapter out today in this book)