∞ Chapter 1 ∞

"I'll be right back, I promise."

"Come on Mark! What do you care?"

"It's a surprise! If you come with me you'll see what it is, and it won't be a surprise anymore!"

I snorted, "Whatever."

"Hey come on now, don't be mad at me!" He pulled me in his arms and threw me on my bed.

"Mark sto-" I blushed and tried to push him off, but instead his lips crushed into mine in a kiss, and I quickly kissed him back.

He broke the kiss , "When I get back we can do more then just watch a movie," he smirked.

I kissed his cheek, "okay okay, now go! You bad boy." He laughed and snuggled my neck.

"Bye," he waved and left the house, I knew he'd be back in less then 15 minutes, but I already missed him.

I sighed and closed the door, I went to the living room and set in front of the TV not bothering to turn it on. I just set there staring at the walls,

"Hey Devin what are you wat- oh...Mark's gone?" My dad asked when he entered the living room.

I glanced at my digital watch that Mark bought for me not long ago, "he'll be back in 12 minutes,"

My dad sighed and left the living room, my parents hated how each time Mark left I'd just sit there waiting for him to come back like a zombie.

But I just couldn't help it. Mark was my best friend and my lover.

My parents where totally cool with it when I came out. They said they knew all along.

But Mark's parents... Well let's just say that Mark lives with me now.

Mark has a big brother, Taylor, his bisexual, but after he saw what happened to Mark he decided to stay in the closet.

He had a girlfriend before but they broke up not long ago, the only thing he told us about it was that he just has a crush on someone else and that's why he ended it.

We dropped it for now.

Me and Mark have been dating for two years now, and we couldn't be happier.

I glanced at my watch again and got up knowing Mark was gonna show up any minute now.

But as I reached the door, I heard a car pressing the breaks suddenly making a noise of wheels scratching the asphalt, and a crash afterwards.

I threw the door open, and my heart dropped.

I saw Mark laying on the asphalt, blood all over the place, and a car quickly driving away.

I ignored the car and run up to Mark ,"MARK!" I screamed as I reached him, I kneed down and held him tight in my arms getting his blood all over me,but I didn't care.

"Mark? Mark! Mark hold in there I'm here, okay?" I shook him slightly.

My dad came outside and paled as he saw us, "Call an ambulance! NOW!" I screamed at him and he quickly run inside.

"Mark babe, I'm here. Don't go. Just hang in there okay? You can make it, I believe in you." I whispered and carefully touched his cheek where a bruise was forming.

Suddenly his hand got up and he rested it on top of mine, he opened his eyes slightly.

"I won't make it, am I right?" he managed to say in a small voice.

"What? Mark! Mark what are you talking about?!, Mark stop! We can do this, they'll be here soon! You're gonna be okay I promise!" I whimpered. I was crying hard now and held Mark as tight as possible.

" I love you." He whispered and his hand fell down, his eyes closing once again.

"MARK! MARK MANVIL MANUEL!" I screamed on the top of lungs, "HELP SOMEBODY HIS DYING!" I kept on screaming, but no one came.

" Mark baby, I'm here, I love you too beautiful, just stay strong okay?" I begged him crying hard praying that he'll be okay.

I rested my head on his chest and froze when I didn't hear a heartbeat.

" Mark? Mark baby say something! Mark my love are you still with me?" I shook him slightly but he still didn't answer. Neighbors started to get out of their houses to see what happened.

I started to shake him violently and screaming in his face that its not funny, begging him to just wake up again, that he just can't be dead.

But it was too late, by the time the ambulance came, my beautiful, perfect Mark, the love of my life that I would be so lost without, was dead.

My name is Devin Dan Maag, and this the story of my biggest lost and gain in life.