A Series of Unfortunate Events

After storming off, I sort of felt bad. I turned to Klaus, who stood dazed. No, Emma, we don't feel bad for sadistic assholes. Get a grip. I walked out to the gym, where I'd seen Elena, Stefan and Damon walk off.

"If Alaric's sick, then we need to find cure, something," I heard Elena cry. The group stood there shuffling around nervously, occasionally sighing or groaning in disdain.

"We tried medicine. We tried magic," Damon explained.

"Why don't we get him off vervain, compel him?" Stefan asked, burrowing his eyebrows and glancing worriedly from side to side.

I nodded, "Yeah, but he's basically a vampire now, right? Doesn't that mean you can't compel him?" I asked Stefan.

"Yeah, and anyway what would we compel him to do? Pretend to be Alaric? That guy that we know is gone," Damon stated.

I scoffed, "Damon 'that guy' is your best friend. Why are you losing faith so quickly?"

"Oh, come on, Em, we're talking about someone who not only hates vampires but vampires sympathizers, which makes one of his most obvious targets-- I don't know-- Elena," He explained.

"What? You think he'd go after Elena?" Stefan asked, glancing towards a nervous Elena. I couldn't help but feel bad for her. She seemed to be the one who always suffered the most in time like this.

Damon nodded.

"So wait. What are you suggesting we do?" I asked, raising my eyebrows. I already knew the answer, though.

"I'm suggesting we put him out of his misery," He hissed.

I scoffed, "No way in hell, Damon. That's not happening," I just don't understand why he would lose faith so quickly.

"Emma's right. That's not happening," I heard a voice from behind me. I turned to see Jeremy. The poor boy. He's lost so much family, and Ric is basically the only dad figure left. I could imagine how hard hearing this must be.

"Oh come on, it's what he would want. It's a mercy killing," Damon said lightheartedly. God, have some empathy.

"You are out of your mind," Jeremy said blatantly, and I couldn't agree with him more.

"Jeremy--," Elena began before Jeremy interrupted her with a roll of his hand. He glanced at all of us disappointedly, walking away with a scowl.

Elena ran after him, and I followed suit with an angry look towards Damon. He walked outside, and Elena ran after him, yelling his name over and over again. "Jer, stop," She cried.

"This is Alaric we're talking about," He hissed, his eyebrows raised in disbelief, "You know, he looked out for us. We need to do the same for him,"

I sort of sat and watched, not wanting to be a nuisance and interrupt such an important moment between the two of them.

"No one's gonna hurt him," Elena spoke softly, trying to calm him down and make him see her ways.

Jeremy scoffed and turned around, continuing to walk. I wouldn't believe Elena either, honestly. If you take into consideration how much Stefan would do to save Elena, and how impulsive Damon is, it seems pretty impossible.

"Hey," Elena muttered, but he ignored her, "Hey, look at me. I promise,"

"Elena," someone cried from behind her. I turned to see Esther, the woman who was supposed to have died three days ago. I blinked, making sure I was seeing this right. "If you wish to help your friend Alaric," She continued, "I suggest you come with me,"