Little White Lies

(Listen to song when instructed plz)
As soon as I walked into the Salvatore's hope, I was bombarded with loud music. I paused for a moment and rubbed my eyes. It's nine in the morning, why is everything so loud.

I saw Stefan on the couch, nodding his head to the music and sipping a bourbon. I furrowed my eyebrows when I noticed a blonde dancing like she had five minutes left to live.

"Emma! Help me celebrate my 17th high school graduation," Stefan said with a grin on his face as I took the seat next to his and grabbed the drink from his hands.

"Hey, this is my friend, Lexi," he said as he pointed behind him towards the blonde.

"Oh, hi Lexi!" I greeted, before turning to Stefan, "why haven't I ever met her?"

His face fell and he looked annoyed, "because technically... She's dead,"

I furrowed my eyebrows, "excuse me?"

"Oh, yeah, so basically Bonnie did a spell so all dead supernaturals are alive until she brings the veil back up," he said matter-of-factly.

I froze and stood up, "excuse me?" I hissed, "so are you telling me all of them are back?"

"Basically, yeah,"

"Like Alaric and Jeremy?" I asked once again.

"Lexi, back from the dead," A voice spoke from behind me. I turned to see Damon, "goodie,"

The blonde vamp ran towards him and help him against the wall by his neck.

"What a Baddie," I muttered.

"What's up, buzz kill," Lexi asked him. And if looks could kill, he'd be dead. Like really dead.

"Stefan, Emma? You just gonna sir there and let her enact her ghostly revenge?" Damon choked hoarsely as he struggled to breath against the wall.

"You reap what you sow, buddy," Stefan responded, continuing to sip the alcohol gingerly.

"Let's be very clear," Lexi hissed in his face, "whatever time I have left here, I sure as hell don't plan on wasting it on you," she crushed his wind pipe, "got me?"

"Yeah. Got you," Damon rasped as his lips began turning a deep shade of blue. She nodded and let him go, walking away wither her hair swaying behind her.

"So if you, and Ric, and Little Gilbert, are all flesh-like and real-seeming, that means something went horribly wrong when Bonnie tried to put that veil up," Damon spoke as he walked towards Stefan and I. Lexi grabbed one of the drinks from behind up and drank deeply.

"And you two are having Dance Party U.S.A," He finished with the most scrutinizing glare he could manage.

"You're right," Stefan cried, before sarcastically responding, "how selfish of me to be indulging in these precious moments with my formally dead best friend when I Should be sacrificing my own happiness for the food of others, right?"

He grabbed a drink behind him, before peeking up, "I should be upstairs grooming my hero hair,"

"Are you drunk?" I questioned with a small grin across my face.

"I don't know, Mom, am I?" He a
questioned with a roll of his eyes. Lexi chuckled, and I realized just how perfect
him and Lexi's friendship was.

"Wow, Stefan. Very edgy," I complimented him.

"Well, I guess that's one way to celebrate our supernatural apocalypse," Damon shrugged, grabbing the drink out of my hands and taking a long swig.