Family Reunion

"Wait, you guys get to go off to some fantasy island while I'm stuck here again?" I yelled at Elena through the phone. They'd found everything they needed to get the cure. They were heading to some abandoned island where they would find it.

I wasn't sure if the cure was something I was really interested in. I mean, what will happen if Damon and Stefan take it? Will they be the same people I've grown to love? I mean, some people change a lot when they become vampires. Caroline, for example, used to be a total bitch. Like the stereotypical popular girl.

After becoming a vampire, though, she turned into the sweetest, smartest, and strongest person you'll ever meet. I've just known Stefan and Damon as vampires, and I'm worried about what will happen to them. Who will want the cure? How much of it is there to go around?

"It's not some fantasy island, it's supposed to be really creepy and dangerous," she explained. I had to hold back a sigh. Elena's always treated me like a child, or the weak link. I'm not sure why, but she thinks I can't handle myself.

"A fulls moon's coming up anyways, I probably wouldn't be able to go," I said slowly, applying the last bit of makeup on my face.

"Okay... Well, I'll see you later, be careful. And don't go to my house alone," she instructed, hanging up with a sigh.

"Wait, Elena," I cried, but she'd already hung up. Why the hell couldn't I go to Elena's? What was going on, and why was not one telling me?

I loved my friends, but they always kept secrets from me. It's like I would walk into a room and they would all just stop talking. Not only has that been happening more recently, but the dreams have been coming back a hell of a lot stronger. Like I was actually there. They've also been following some timeline of my mental decline.

I feel like it's beginning to pile up, and I've been waking up with a panic attack that is worse than the one I had the day before. I just don't know what to do about it. I've gone through the most traumatic events in my life in my dreams over and over again. At first I thought it could all be a coincidence, but now I'm not so sure.

I threw my hair up into a pony tail, placing my ear buds in my ears. It was really nice out, and about time I got a run in. I wanted to get to my special spot near the mountains, one I haven't been able to visit for days.

As I opened the door to leave, I bumped into someone. I apologized, stepping backward. It was the couple from before.

I squinted my eyes, "what do you want?"

"Oh, Emma, we just want to talk," the woman cried, gripping the man who'd said he knew my birthday.

"I have nothing to say to you. I don't know who you people are, but you need to stop impersonating my parents," I hissed, my fists clenched.

"Oh come on, you have to have noticed our similarities in appearance," the man said, glancing at me with an emotion I couldn't decipher.

I glanced at the pair. He did have a point. I looked a lot like the woman, same facial structure, same hair color. The only difference was the eyes. She had bright blue ones, whilst I had forest green ones. The man had my eyes, though. I inhaled sharply, shaking my head. This was all just a stupid coincidence.

"Please, just let us come in and talk. You can kick us out if you really want to," the woman spoke hopefully, her eyes wide.

I sighed, "Fine. But if you're a serial killer I would not attempt to kill me,"

They stepped inside slowly, glancing around my home with an odd interest. I lead them to the kitchen, where they took seats next to each other. They were acting strange, like they had a secret I didn't know about.