Chapter 3

We arrived at the Capitol around noon. Peeta was waving out the window. I grimace and walk over to where he is.

"How can you wave to these-" I point at the Capitol morons. "People who can route for your death and make it happen." I say heatedly.

 “Those people who can route for your death and make it happen can also route for you to live and make it happen, sweetheart and he is making sure he lives. You should do the same." Haymitch answers.

 I look out the window and just scowl. They don't own me and they never will. Effie leads us off the train and through the crowd. The Capitol people were reaching to touch us. I swat away some hands and they take it the wrong and think I was giving out high fives. So there was now twice as many hands trying to touch me. When we finally get to the tribute housing, we are treated like royalty. I open the door to my room and gasp. It's bigger than my house! Effie knocks on my door and bursts right in.

 "Wash up and put on something decent and come down stairs for the tributes dinner!” She says and rushes out the door to who knows where. I go to the bathroom and spend almost five minutes trying to find the right button to turn the shower on. The water came out warm which was shocking, because I was so use to ice water. The warm water felt amazing on my skin. Effie started pounding on my door.

 "Katniss! The dinner starts at eight sharp and it is seven thirty and Octavia still needs to do your hair and makeup!" she yells.

 I finish up in the shower and walk into the room where a light red dress is laying on my bed. It was the softest thing I have ever touched. I put it on and felt very exposed. It was short and had beading on the top. It made all of my curves more noticeable compared to my usual hunting jacket, jeans, and boots, which was much more comfortable. Octavia was frustrated by my consitant whines that I think she just gave up after a while. I turn to the mirror and didn't recognize myself. I wanted to wash it all away.

“We have a lot of work to do with you before the games. But don't worry your pretty little head, we will make you look so beautiful for the games." She reassured me. Good Lord. I looked at the clock which read seven fifty eight. I rush down stairs trying to put on my heels and tried to avoid Effie.

Authors NOTE: Cato pov next chapter