chapter 15

I stood there shocked as Cato kissed me. I didn't what to do, I've never been kissed. Cato pulls back his expression was hurt but he quickly fixed his face so I didn't see that I hurt him. But I had.

"You don't want to kiss me do you?" He asks, scanning my face.

"That's no it.... that was my first kiss." 

I admit blushing. He stares at me shocked. I look down at my hands, nervously intertwining my fingers. Cato puts his hand under my chin and lifts my head up. He stares into my eyes, and he slowly moved his head inward and pressed his lips to mine. My lips started moving in sync with his. He puts his arm on my back and pulls me closer to him, not wanting this kiss to end. I put my arms around his shoulders. When end the kiss when we both came up for air.

"We really need to get back down there. We are probably an hour late to dinner now." I say looking up at the sky. He quickly kisses me again and then pulls us both up. We walk off hand in hand. I wasn't ready for tomorrow. I don't think Cato was either. I press Cato's button for his floor. He pecks my lips and gets off the elevator.

"Where have you been?" Effie yells to me. "You missed dinner!"

"I was enjoying the last night I have before I'm thrown into the games where I could die, Effie, that's where I was." I tell her. She didn't have anything to comeback with so she purses her lips and walks to the couch and sits down, arms folded. Peeta was already in his room and Haymitch was passed out on the table, probably from drinking. So I head to my room. I curl up on my bed and start to cry. I couldn't help it. The hunger games were tomorrow and I have a good chance of never seeing Prim again. Or Gale. I really need my hunting partner right now.

"Katniss?" someone says through the door.

"Go away!" I mumbled. But instead they opened the door. It was Peeta. He saw what a wreck I looked like. I looked weak. His face falls when he sees that I was crying. He walks over to me, sits down on my bed and wraps me up in his arms. We didn't say anything, but I had cried for a good portion of the time and then I drifted to sleep in a restless sleep, in Peeta's arms. He had made me feel safe in one of my most hopeless moods. I owed him so much.