Chapter 13

"The girl from twelve?" asks Cesar.

"Yes." He says still looking directly at the camera, looking at me.

"Well that was a shock! Am I right?" He asks the audience. They yell and scream. Cesar smiles with ease.

"There's only one victor, so you lose either way. It's either you die or Katn-"

"SHE will not die! It'll be me that's dead not her." Cato says turning to Cesar.

"Cato, anything can happen, you can't contr-" Cato slams his fist down on the table. Cesar flinches.

"Next tribute! Can we have the next tribute please?" Cesar says frantically pulling his shirt collar away from his shirt. The audience laughs at this as Cato walks back over to the holding room. Everyone was staring at him, but all he is doing is looking for me. He spots me and starts walking over.

"Now do you believe me? I'm falling in love with you Katniss. I almost ripped that guy's head off when he kept saying that. You make me crazy." he says laughing.  I'm not sure what came over me, but I hugged him. He stood still for a moment, shocked, before he wrapped him arms around me.

"Thank you." I say into his chest. He shivers.

"Anytime. Like I said before and I'll say it again. I'm going to make sure that you make it out alive. I will protect you. Even though you may not need protecting. After seeing your score, everyone will be worried about you. An eleven. Wow. "

I laugh "you're probably right." I pulled out of the hug.

"Katniss Everdeen on deck." I orange haired women says to me. I guess I had a nervous look on my face because Cato grabbed my shoulders.

"You'll do fine. They are going to love you. Just like-...good luck. Oh and but the way you look beautiful." He says. I blush but couldn't help but wonder what he was going to say before that? I guess I'll never know because the women pulled my arm and gave me a little push towards the stage.

"You're up!" She says. I take deep breathes. I walk out on stage. The audience goes nuts. I hear whistling from someone in the crowd.

"Looks like you got some admirers from the crowd." Cesar says. They start whistling, and yelling again.

"And from another District!" he says. The audience goes quite, waiting for my response.

"Y-yes." I stuttered.

"Do you have feelings for him as well?" he nods me on, trying to give me some encouragement. My throat feels like it is tightening up.

"I-I....don't know....it's... erm.... "I mumble shifting my gaze to the floor.

"She's a heart breaker folks!" he says, trying to lighten the mood. I thought I was going to throw up.

"N... no. I just don't know. But I do feel something for him." I say looking into the camera just like he did. I smile knowing he was smiling to.

"Oh, and how do feel about Cato giving his life to protect you. So you can be Victor."

"I don't want him to give his life for me. I don't want him to die because... I would feel guilty." I knew that what I said wasn't the full truth. I didn't want him to die period. I didn't want him to die because I care about him. Then I figured it out. Why he was the only one who could make me blush or smile. Why it was so easy to be around him. Why I didn't want him throwing away his life for me. I loved him. I never wanted to admit it to myself but it was just too obvious now. I loved how much he wanted to protect me from the start. How he has put up with me when I was being a jerk. I loved how his eyes are only warm when he is talking to me or about me. The way out hug had felt. I realized I was grinning like an idiot and quickly compose my face.

"I... lied." I mumble over to Cesar.

"About what Katniss?"

"About... about how I.... feel about Cato." I admit. Cesar raises an eyebrow. The crowd dead silent. I could feel Cato watching me from the screen in the holding room.

"I... l...love... him." I say blushing. The crowd cheers. They obviously wanted me to love him back.

"Well I'd love to ask more questions and I bet they would love to hear your answers." he waved towards the audience. "but unfortunately time is up." the crowd groaned but gave me an enthusiastic cheer as I was leaving. I had barely made it to the bottom of the stares when Cato pulls me into his arms.

"I love you, more than you will ever know." He whispers in my ear and we stay like that for a while. His arms around me, his cheek resting on the top of my head. I wanted this to last forever but it would never happen, one of us, or both will die in the games only two days away. I squeezed him tighter. I didn't want to lose him. No matter what it takes.

Authors note: Awww so cute! Don't you agree? Drop me a comment... Let me know how much you loved this chapter!