Chapter 14: Cato POV

We get the day off today from training or crazy interviews. I wanted to find Katniss and spend this day with her. We weren't allowed to go visit other tributes on their floors so I hung out in the Commons area hoping that she would come up. I must've dosed off because I feel someone shake me a little. I opened my eyes to Katniss smiling. A beautiful thing to wake up and see.

"I thought you were dead." she says laughing.

"I was and you brought me back to life." I say. I knew that this would make her blush and that what I was craving to see and she blushed a deep red and looked down at her hands. I slip my hand into hers, and pull us both up.

"Do you mind spending the day with a heartless career?" I say mockingly.

"No I don't just let me go find marble. He looked really good last night if you know what I mean." I knew she was joking but I still felt jealous like when lover boy got to spend all his time with Katniss. I grimaced and she laughed.

"Sure what are we doing?" she asks me. She hasn't taken her hand back which is surprising because she did seem like the type of person to show any emotion to someone she just met.

"Well I was thinking about raiding the kitchen, grabbing a bunch of snacks and go up to the roof and just...talk." I wanted to know more about this girl who changed me before I die later, sometime in the upcoming two weeks.

"Fine with me." she says. We grab anything eatable and lead her to the roof top. I opened the door and I heard he gasp.

"It's amazing up here!" she says looking over the ledge. It's only amazing because you're up here with me I think.

We had spent hours up on the roof. I learned that her father died in a mining accident and how her mother went into a phase that was making her daughters starve. Katniss says the only reason she was alive was because of Peeta. She had been so hungry that see collapsed right in front of his bakery. And he threw her bread. I owed him a thanks because he saved her. She also had a cat named buttercup which she hated but Prim begged her to keep the cat. Which Katniss allowed. They also had a goat named lady. Another one of prim's animals. Katniss had her head rested in my lap and I stroked her hair which felt like silk.

"I think we better get back to everyone. "She says, lifting her head up. I didn't want this day to end especially since tomorrow was the hunger games.

"Yeah, Katniss?" I was waiting for her to turn towards me. She did.

"Yes?" she asks. I take my opportunity and crush me lips against hers.