Chapter 12

We had interviews today preparing for our games in just two more days. I was terrified. Both about the hunger games and the interview. I don't know how to make people like me. It isn't one of my skills.

"Don't worry sweetheart, you'll do fine." Confidence on his face. I quickly finished my cereal and headed towards my stylist quarters.

"Oh lord you didn't even try to keep your nails nice did you?" Octavia accuses. I look down guilty. "No." I mumbled shuffling my feet.

"Well were gonna just have to redo them! Child you are a lot of work!" Venia exclaims. I laughed. The two of them are ridiculous. It had been nearly two hours when Cinna came in to give me my dress and do some last minute touchups. He gave me my dress and I gasp. It was beautiful. It was perfect for the girl on fire. For me.

"It's so beautiful! I tell him. He laughs lightly.

"I'm glad you like it."

"Like it? I love it Cinna. Thank you!" I give him a hug.

"Well let's get it on you, girl on fire."

"Close your eyes." He startles me. I was lost in thought. I shut my eyes obediently. He adds a few touches here and there.

"Open." He tells me, handing me a mirror. My eyes pop with the silver and red jewels he had glued around my eyes. My hair was done in a messy bun, strands of hair hanging from everywhere. He had put more jewels on my shoulder and my dress. Making it look like it was glowing. Like I was on fire. The dress was gorgeous it was dark red and the top and turned lighter shades of red down towards the bottom. I looked pretty.

"Cinna... "I begin, tears threatening to fall.

"Shhhh." He pulled me into a hug. "Make an impression Katniss."

"I don't know how to make them like me. Haymitch made me practice for this interview. I'm not sexy. I can't twirl my hair and act like Glimmer -" he cuts me off.

"Just be you. I will be in the audience if you get frozen up on stage just act as if it were just me and you talking. You'll do fine. Just take deep breaths. Now show them something to route for." He says pushing me towards the door.

"Thank you, for everything." I say.

"You're welcome." he says as I open the door.

"Oh and Katniss," he says waiting for me to respond.

"Yeah?"

"Remember something to route for."

I nod and close the door. I meet up with Haymitch, Effie and Peeta. We had to line up in line in order of Districts. Most of them were staring at me. I heard one girl from District 5 whisper to the boy from 5.

"She got an eleven. I bet the careers are going after her first." I sighed. There was a huge TV in the room we all were in so we can watch other people's interviews. Some think it is an advantage because sometimes they can slip out something they shouldn't. Others could care less. I was one of those people. Marble went with charming the audience and Glimmer of course went with sexy. Lifting her dress up to show her legs, giggling a lot. Before I knew it Cato was beginning his interview. He was playing cocky. Well actually he was just being himself come to think of it.

"So are you going to win this for some special girl back home?" Cesar asked Cato. He looked down He wasn't ready for this question.

"Well no. I'm not sure going to win the games at all." Cato whispers.

"Oh really? Why not?" Cesar says very interested.

"Because if I win, the girl I'm falling in love with loses" He looks down blush all over his cheeks. I sucked in my breath. Did he mean me?

"Oh that's rotten luck. Is this girl from your District perhaps? Clove?" I hear clove laugh.

"No.... she's not from my District."

"Well spill the beans. We are all dying to know. Right?" he says to the audience. They scream and clap cheering on Cato to reveal his secret. By now the girl tributes were mumbling to each other, trying to figure out who it was.

"The girl that I can't get out of my head, trust me I tried-" the audience laughs giving Cato more confidence. He looks straight in to the camera, knowing that I'm watching, determination in his eyes.

"Is Katniss Everdeen."

I felt the whole world gasp at this. I smiled.