chapter 36 Cato pov!!!

Authors note: I think we are getting very close to the end of this book! :( I love this book and I never want to stop writing it but sooner or later it won't be any good if I put to much into this one so I will have another book after this one and hopefully you amazing people who have stuck with me through this book will read the next one. I have already began to think what I will do in the next one! >:)

Anyways here is the Cato pov!!

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

I wake up to three unsurprising things.

1.Katniss wasn't here.

2.Her bow was gone from the tree I put it in.

3.Lover boy was gone as well.

I swear I'll kill Lover boy since he trust to steal Katniss from me so much it's annoying. I wake up Rue and Sean As we run to the cornucopia. When we reach the cornucopia I saw that our bags were missing which means that They had already been here and probably on their way back to camp. Or that's what I thought until I hear a cannon go off. I hear someone scream very loud. We head in that direction.

"KATNISS? " I yell, running through bushes. I reach an open area and I am shocked at what I find. Lover Boy was lying dead on the ground, Thresh was rushing at Katniss with a large stone and Clove had an arrow stuck in her chest, frantically trying to pull it out. Her shirt stained with blood. Wow I mean I know Katniss didn't want to kill anyone but I guess Clove changed her mind. I Run at Thresh, stopping him from crushing that rock in to Katniss's head. He grunts before slamming me down on the ground. I see Sean go help Katniss. Thresh punches me, slamming my head to the ground. I hit him the gut and push him off of me. I grab his arms and pull them behind his back. I slam my foot below his shoulders so he couldn't get up.

"Katniss shoot him!" I call to her. She turns around and readies her bow, pulling back the arrow. Clove knocks her to the ground.

"Sean use your spear on him now." He nods and starts to walk over here. He stops, his eyes going blank as he falls forward. Clove had put a knife in his back. A cannon booms.

"No Sean! He can't be dead! There had to be a mistake..." Rue cries running to Sean.

"Rue stop!" Katniss yells as Rue reaches Sean putting her head on his chest.

"I can heal him! I...can....heal....

him... " she screams. I see Clove walking up behind Rue.

"Rue run!" I scream to her but she doesn't move. Clove was now behind her, her arms reaching out to Rue, a knife glinting in her hand. I was about to let go of Thresh to stop Clove when an arrow pierces Clove arm, making her scream in pain. Another arrow hits her hand. More screaming but that doesn't stop her. Her knife enters Rue's tinny frame.

"Rue..."Katniss says distantly. Clove runs off leaving Thresh yelling her name. Thresh wasn't happy that Rue had died either. They were from the same district, they may have even known each other.

"Katniss?" She snaps back from her haze. She turned towards me, arrow ready and releases. Thresh goes limp. Another cannon. I let go of Thresh and watch Katniss drop to her knees as she looks at Rue.

"Rue?" She says lifting Rues head into her lap.

"You...h-have... to win for.... me." She breathes heavily.

"I will I promise." Katniss says stroking Rue's cheek.

"Can.... you... sing for ....me?" Katniss hesitate. Katniss you can't be that bad of a Singer, and she is going to die so just sing, I thought. Then Katniss starts to sing.

"Deep in the meadow,

under the willow,

A bed of grass,

A soft green pillow,

Lay down your head,

And close your eyes,

And when they open,

The sun will rise.

Here it's safe. Here it's warm.

Here the daisies guard you from every harm.

Here your dreams are sweet,

And tomorrow brings them true.

Here is the place where I love you."

Wow. Katniss's voice was beautiful. I had never heard some one sing so effortlessly. Rue closes her eyes, a little smile on her face. Her cannon goes off. I see a tear roll down Katniss's face. Hee face hardens as she storms of grabbing a bunch of flowers. She pulls the flower of it's stem outlining Rue in dozens of different color flowers.. Touching three fingers to her lips and then holding it up into the air. This act shows that she was going against the capital, that what they are doing is wrong. We were probably going to pay for what she just did. Though I didn't care. She had set the spark that had been waiting for ever to ignite.

Authors note: 450 votes=Clove pov 480=Cato pov! happy voting!