⎯ 01 ⎯

chikasue ikari,

of course my thoughts sometimes wandered to the day when i would be formally introduced to oikawa, however, it was more of a dreading feeling.

acknowledging the destined thread of fate that 'binds us' or something was probably daunting to anybody and i knew that i couldn't avoid it forever.

that being said, i never expected that our first official meeting would be so dramatic.

why am i here?'

i questioned my existence as i lingered around the school halls, drained from the previous hours of school.

if i hadn't been held up today, i would already be home but as luck would have it, i missed my train by the time i got to the footlockers.

although... this isn't the first time i narrowly missed my opportunity of escape with a questionable amount of days spent pretending that i was in a club while waiting for 6pm to approach.

i closed my phone with a sigh, shoveling it into my bag with boredom clouding my thoughts when all of a sudden, i felt a sharp pain shoot through my ankle and i toppled to the floor.

"ah!" i let out an echoed, sharp cry as i felt the pain course through me.

breathless, i instinctively attempted to stand on my throbbing ankle but instead felt the pain worsen with a yelp.

my heart was beating rapidly and my thoughts were racing with the unexpected and close to unbearable injury.

why now?!'

it hurts so much-'

what do i do?!'

clutching onto the window frame, i held myself in place with difficulty, endeavouring to balance on one foot.

"that dumbass," i grumbled over my loud thoughts.

i waited there for a couple minutes as if hoping the injury would disappear if i stood there long enough.

"hey!"

my attention snapped to a familiar boy bearing an expression mixed with concern and frustration. he had short, brown, spiky hair and i instantly recognised him as the famous oikawa-san's best friend.

where was said boy?

he was draped over iwaizumi, pain evident on his face where he struggled to limp with his friends assistance.

"could you please help me?!" he called to me, desperate.

my eyes widened and my breathing became even more uneasy.

here in front of me was an oblivious idiot enduring the same pain as me.

i resisted a scoff to myself and instead slipped myself under oikawa's arm when the two of them were close enough to ensure that i didn't have to move.

i couldn't exactly decline his request, iwaizumi was struggling to help him and even if oikawa's not my favourite person, i knew i should help him.