⎯ 02 ⎯

chikasue ikari,

after lying limp in bed throughout the rest of the week and precious weekend, i finally recovered enough to at least attend school, explaining to the teachers and students that i was ill in an attempt to not be instantly identified as oikawa's soulmate.

to my joy, the first lesson we had was p.e, meaning i was sitting awkwardly on the school bleachers, watching the rest of my class huff with exhaustion while passing me for the umpteenth time.

thinking it over, i wasn't furious about my ankle, it was more like an annoying inconvenience. what i was angry about, if anything, was oikawa. he hurt himself again and didn't seem that bothered about his soulmate, though, i guess if he didn't know who they were...

still... you'd think he'd learnt his lesson after-'

"go and join chikasue then," i heard the p.e teacher grunt, tearing me from my thoughts.

bringing my questioning gaze towards him, i was met with oikawa limping towards me with a broad smile.

great, now he thinks i'm his friend...'

locking my eyes on the ground, sighing, i bore my eyes into my shoes, which were soon joined by another pair. he swung his legs for a minute, his expression unknown with the effort i put into not looking at him.

"you're chikasue-chan, right?" he eventually hummed.

chan?

i instead didn't reply, knitting my brows together in hopes of hinting my frustration.

"do i... know you?" he asked a second question. this time with more confusion laced with his words and i saw in the corner of my eye he turned his full attention to face me.

does that mean...?'

i cleared my throat and looked away again, trying to present myself as resembling a brick wall.

"no."

"whAT??!"

my eyes widened at the increase of volume in his shocked tone. looking up and scanning his face, he was a little frozen.

"b-but... you acted so rudely to me the other day..." he pouted, his confusion remaining abundant.

oh, right'

i was really confused there...'

"well, someone had to tell you how stupid you are," i dragged my eyes back to my classmates.

"you're so mean," he mumbled. "you should meet iwa-chan."

"i have."

"oh- right," he looked back to the pitch too, letting out a light chuckle. "sorry, i guess i was pretty hopeless..."

how can his mood change so fast?'

despite the fact that he was hopeless, i couldn't agree bitterly with his words as i usually would. it wasn't his fault that he was withdrawn from the situation and was unable to help himself. i didn't understand why he pushed himself to that point but i wasn't going to blame him for being in shock. hurting himself and i was a different story though.