⎯ 16 ⎯

chikasue ikari,

i didn't meet my soulmate until i was 72!!
yui takahashi had been wondering when she'd find her soulmate, just...
view more

my soulmate was dating somebody before me.
hi, my name is aoi suzuki. my soulmate and i began dating a while...
view more

couple didn't realise they were soulmates for 10 years.
everyone's given lots of thought into who they're soulmate is but...
view more

i knitted my brows together, sighing at my phone.

its no use...'

i slumped into my seat and stretched my arm to reach the table, dropping my phone gently on the desk.

i don't know what i was hoping to gain by scrolling through google forever but i successfully wasted all my time.

my knotted heart twisted everytime i tried to think about it, every little worry and feeling racing through my throbbing head. each passing thought brought confusing feelings that felt like they pierced me.

i slowly drew my arms back to my sides, wrapping myself in a comfort hug with crossed arms.

"chi-chan?" oikawa's call echoed through the halls, allowing me time to take a breath but before i could even gather my things, the classroom door was pushed open, causing me to jolt up from my seat in surprise.

"jesus—!" i breathed with my heart left pounding.

"did you get your homework?" he asked as i quite obviously placed the homework into my bag, resuming my usual questioning glance.

"ah," he smiled.

i swung my bag around my shoulder and joined him as we walked out of the school, engaging in small conversation.

"sorry about that," i mumbled, rubbing my eyes. "i guess i'm just tired today..."

"you haven't caught my cold have you?" oikawa eyed me before i shook my head with a reassuring shake of my hands.

i've been spacing out a lot more recently...'

oikawa was already back after his short-lived cold and during practice, he was noticeably happy and engaging in volleyball normally. it was relieving to see but even i could see the new burning in his eyes, ready to challenge the world.

this wasn't back to normal, this was a new and improved determination and i know that it wasn't just me and iwaizumi who brought it on, oikawa had a clear enough view of his goal all he needed was a bit more motivation.

but even acknowledging that my advice didn't contribute much, i still feel guilty about avoiding him beforehand.

especially when the only thing i wanted was to get closer to him.

i guess everything swarming me just felt scary and unexpected and just⎯

"...chan? chi-chan?"

a pale hand waved over my face until the sight of a confused oikawa with pursed lips brought me back to reality.

"you okay?" he asked, to which there was no response.