⎯ 15 ⎯

chikasue ikari,

"chikasue-chan, could you please take this homework to oikawa-kun?"

ah, of course.'

i should've expected something clichéd like this would happen.

the teacher handed me the papers, scanning my eyes over it, i saw that the work was easy enough and explaining the lesson to him wouldn't be needed.

good, i can just leave it at the door or something.'

after sitting in the snow for a good half hour yesterday, can you guess who caught a cold?? that's right, oikawa! not very surprising.

allowing the chilled air to seep into my joints, i inhaled deeply. i guess it was just as well, he looked like he needed a break from practice and there's nothing he can do about a cold. iwaizumi told me today that he had a long talk with him about volleyball so i'm pretty sure that after this setback, he'll return to the club motivated.

my gloves made contact with his front door as i knocked loudly, unzipping my bag already to grab the papers but, after a while, there was no response.

"oikawa?!" i knocked again but only silence trickled through the neighborhood.

"oikawa?" i repeated, this time calling his name through the house as i opened the door and took a step inside.

"nghhhhh...." a low groan trailed through the hallway and i closed the door with a sigh.

the boy's bedroom was dark and messy, complete with a grumbling oikawa lying limp on the bed, half draped over the side.

his door was wide open, i knocked on this one instead until i received a reaction from the lifeless brunette.

"iwa-chan?" he asked, his voice hoarse.

"no, it's your homework." i dropped the stapled sheets on his table where they looked out of place amongst the jump magazines.

"chi-chan-!" he brightened and, for the first time today, i saw his face as he perked up. he looked a little pale with a running nose, his dark eyes were filled with the light from the hall.

"god, you look awful, get well soon!" i dismissed and waved goodbye as i returned to the hallway's pool of light.

"wait noooo, chi-chan!!" a tired voice called.

without replying, i turned my head back to the sick heap of blankets, looking him up and down and making it clear that i had no intention of staying any longer.

"please help meeee, my parents left me and i-"

"it's your fault that you're sick, you know..."

he pouted and sunk further into his duvet. "jeez, chi-chan doesn't even feel sorry for me when i'm sick," he coughed out.

"oh, i feel sorry for you alright."

my expression softened as i let my shoulders drop, taking a moment to examine his current state. the curtains were lazily drawn closed, leaking over his computer that sat on a desk by his bed. with closer examination, i could faintly see a volleyball match paused on the dim screen. on his table was a messy bowl of ramen, stray noodles pouring from the sides.