⎯ 09 ⎯

chikasue ikari,

"heyyy so chikasue-chan??" hattori leaned towards me, averting my attention from my work.

"yeah?" i asked, confused.

"so, you know how you're constantly getting injured and all that because of your soulmate?" she smiled and rolled her eyes.

"mhm..." i creased my eyebrows with a frown.

"have you ever wondered like... who he is?"

"what are you getting at?..."

"hey!" she hissed, taking a moment to stand up straight and comb her hand through her shiny hair. "i just thought that maybe he could be on the volleyball team!"

ah... the volleyball team... one of the most popular clubs in this school apparently, i'm pretty sure i remember hattori going on about the 'hot' boys there... i'm not surprised that she wants to check it out...'

we made our way along the bleachers that afternoon and watched from near the front, hattori's preference. she was busy chatting to some other girls beside us about all the new first years and such while i watched without interest.

soon enough, i flinched with pain in sync with another member there and i felt my heart beat faster when my eyes trailed to the boy who received the blow.

he had short hazel hair that complimented his brown eyes, he looked out of place with the other tall third years but he remained cheerful with his friend.

"ahhhh~" hattori mused and i was snapped back to reality. "so you're soulmate is oikawa-san..." she bore a strange smile and her blue eyes were locked on the boy.

wait- she's been here before, hasn't she?'

it should've been obvious by the way she interacted with the girls beside us, hattori was no stranger to this club nor their first year members. with the additional aid of a shared class together, hattori was already well aware who oikawa was and had developed a sneaking suspicion of our links already.

after the realisation, only one thought stirred in my head.

this isn't good.'

that day, hattori invited herself over to my house, much to my concern. she kicked her feet as she lay on my bed. my room felt uncomfortably distant from home with her there, a visit was rare.

"so, oikawa-san hmmm?" she hummed without looking up from her phone.

i didn't reply staring at the carpet. my head was still spinning.

i wonder what he's like...'

the fact that it was so easy kind of made me sick. i hadn't been in that gym 30 minutes before i identified my soulmate.

something about that caused my feelings to sink.

maybe it's not as special as everyone says...'