1

The short, spikey texture of the grass tickles the soles of Soojung's feet, causing a giggle to erupt from her. Too emerged in these new feelings, the twins stay quiet while focusing on their senses. As soon as she feels the firm ground carrying her weight, her big white wings vanish instantly. Taken aback, the innocent angel jumps back and loses her balance. Soojung learns this new feeling of pain a she falls backwards and she thinks about the sensation while rubbing her elbow.

"Isn't this all so interesting?" Yeosang offers, breaking the silence. Soojung nods along after realising that all of her senses have sharpened greatly after touching Earth. "It is! We're already becoming humans!" She excitedly hops up and down, still trying to get used to the feeling and finding her balance. 

"Let's not waste time, I want to try this food that's so highly spoken of. Let's start our journey by following this peculiar scent I am picking up, shall we?" Soojung takes the lead and Yeosang follows. Soojung does exactly as she mentioned earlier: follow the "peculiar scent". 

Soon the pair of (former) angels reach a wooden gate which they simply walk past. After finally exiting the field, Soojung hesitantly touches the gravel on the road in front of her with the tip of her big toe. "It's rough! What shall we do, Sangie?" She whips her head around in panic, not ready to back down from her adventure just yet. "We keep going, what else?"

Eventually, Soojung and Yeosang reach some sort of civilization after a painful walk on the rough road. Soojung takes in the unknown scenes around her. Many stands are arranged in some sort of plaza, and there are an abundance of civilians present. "Yeosang, look! Apples!" Soojung doesn't even check to see if her brother is following before she dashes in the direction of a stall with the sign, "Fruits". The vibrant, organic treats in all shapes and sizes are displayed brightly.

Not even checking for the presence of any other people, Soojung grabs a red and round fruit. She smiles out of anticipation and takes a huge bite. To her shock, her teeth don't make it through the skin at all. That's odd, the book said apples should be crunchy and easy to bite into she thinks to herself. A loud, warm laughter snaps her out of her thoughts.

"You don't just bite into a pomegranate like that, sweetheart! Your poor teeth"

Soojung looks up to find a slim man with wavy jet black hair and small section of silver bleeding down his fringe stylishly. His slim, sharp eyes form crescents as they smile at her naivety and his pitted dimples mock the girl further. The man's sharp jawline and slightly unbuttoned shirt only add to his attraction. 

Soojung shakes her head to tries and focus again. "Please direct me to the apples then!" She carelessly beams. The man's expression switches to an astonished one for a second before he opens his mouth to speak. Before he even gets to utter a word though, Yeosang comes sprinting over.

"Soojung! Don't go running off like that! I'm sorry sir, how much would an apple be?" He spits out, barely stopping to take a breath. Soojung guiltily hangs her head, knowing that her lack of studying caused her trouble, just as her brother had warned her. "Soojung, is it? That's the most beautiful name that has kissed my ears" The man interrupts.

The warm man laughs once again while strolling over to another shelf. He grabs a shiny red object approximately the size of his fist. "Don't worry about it, I'll let this cutie have it for free" He winks while tossing it in Soojung's direction. She barely catches it, still in confusion. Yeosang, however, notices something that his oblivious sister doesn't.

"Please refrain from flirting with my sister, sir." He sternly states through clenched teeth, having read about this before. Soojung notices a hint of red flash in the man's dark chocolate eyes momentarily. He smiles widely again until Yeosang finally turns around to leave. As soon as his back is turned, the man leaps beside Soojung. Before she can make any audible noise, the man's breath tickles her ear as he whispers.

"By the way darling, my name's Choi San"

 。・゚゚・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆。゚ ・゚゚・ 。

"Sangie, what does flirting mean?" Soojung innocently asks as the siblings are walking through the crowds of people. They had agreed earlier to find a location where there were less people to find information. 

Yeosang lets out a sigh before he continues, without bothering to make eye contact with his sister. "It's what that man was doing earlier on. You'll learn the meaning later on, it's not important right now." He sternly shuts off the topic. Soojung wonders why he's being so overprotective over her suddenly, but she decides not to question it.

Finally the twins reach a building with a large, luminescent sign over the large glass doors. The sign glows even brighter as the sun dips lower and lower into the horizon. The glowing letters read, "Woosan Supermarket" with a small image beside it. "If I'm not mistaken, that picture is called an 'umbrella'. I'm not too sure on why they'd have that on a sign though..."  Yeosang explains. Soojung nods in understanding before walking through the doors which seem to slide right open for them, to the angels' surprise. 

"Welcome! Looking for anything in particular?" A young man with soft lilac hair at a counter seizes Soojung's attention. "What is this place?" She nonchalantly, yet politely, throws. "Well... it's a supermarket I guess? Ah!" Sudden realisation seems to hit the young man. "You might be looking for San! I'm sorry, he's still out for our Sunday public market stall, but since it's late he'll probably return soon! You can wait here if you'd like!" 

The name San seems to ring a bell in Soojung's memory, when it suddenly hits her. It's the attractive man that gave her the apple!

While Yeosang discusses something with the purple haired man in the background, Soojung examines the apple she was given. She hadn't have had the chance to try it yet since she was rushing with her brother to escape the mayhem of the "Sunday public market". 

She runs her fingers over the smooth, glossy surface. The crimson red colour grabs her attention and for a second, she doesn't want to ruin the perfect apple. Giving in to temptation, she brings the fruit to her lips, brushing the tip of her tongue off the skin.. It doesn't smell like anything and it's tasteless too, disappointing the excited girl. She shrugs and digs her teeth into the succulent flesh of the apple. All at once, a wide array of flavours invade her mouth and her eyes widen at the sensation. The sweetness and sourness of the crunchy, white fruit doesn't even compare to the few tastes she had experienced before. She smiles lovingly as she prepares to take another massive bite from the unbelievable yet simple delicacy.

"Does our little princess enjoy the apple I gave her?" Soojung is stopped in her tracks by the smirking man standing at the door. She notices her brother tensing at San's words, but that doesn't stop her from slightly nodding shyly. "Hey San" The lilac boy rolls his eyes blatantly at San's company. "Oh Wooyoung" Is all he mutters, barely acknowledging the boy at the counter. Yeosang and Soojung share a confued glance quickly before the girl's eyes land on San again.

She catches him dragging his eyes up and down her figure, silently judging her. "Is there s-something wrong?" she stutters. San annoyingly sneers.

"What the hell are you wearing, sweetie?"

A/N
I don't really have much to say except for the fact that I imagine Soojung and Yeosang to have posh British accents for some reason? Oh yeah and it's only 14°C/ 57°F here right now but it feels so hot and everyone here seems to think the same, we're going crazy (°ロ°) !

Also this chapter wasn't supposed to be uploaded until Saturday but I feel like that's too long of a wait, especially so early into the story so...surprise?