24

Soojung's heart stops. What is San doing?

"My sister is what?" Yeosang shouts as his smile drops. San responds by snaking his arm around Soojung's waist. "She's mine now!" his smile only grows larger. Soojung grows flustered beside San, avoiding eye contact with her brother at all costs.

"Soojung, please tell me he's lying. We can go home if he's making you feel uncomfortable." Yeosang desperately begs his sister, trying to read her expression for an answer.

When she stays silent and her head stays hanging, San hums. "By the way, her lips are so soft and maybe I'm imagining things, but they're sweet~ Your mom raised her well!"

Yeosang loses his temper and stomps over to San, anger nearly radiating off him. He grabs San by the collar, pushing him to the wall. "Leave my sister alone, you demon" he hisses in San's face. 

Suddenly, his face changes. What was once a cocky expression turns much, much darker. His smile sets into a straight line. Yeosang feels like he's going crazy with rage because he's nearly certain he can see wisps of blood red swirl violently in San's irises. His menacing eyes stare wickedly into Yeosang's. His grip unvoluntarily starts to weaken.

"Don't. Touch me." he growls. "Your sister chose to be with me. If you still have a problem, I'm all ears" the smile returns to San's lips, but the red in his eyes doesn't fade at all. Yeosang's breathing starts to quicken, but he doesn't say a word.

"Get your filthy hands off my clothes then" he whispers into Yeosang's ear. He instantly lets go of his collar and takes a step back.

"San!" Wooyoung screams. "What did you say to him?" he angrily asks. "None of your business" he retorts.

"Soojung, let's go home. I promised Yunho and Mingi that we'd spend time with them again." Yeosang says in a dead voice, face pale while staring straight at San's eyes. He feels hypnotized by them...but not in a positive sense whatsoever. San's eyes revert back to the dark colour they were before. Now that Yeosang's paying attention, he realises that San's eyes aren't a very dark brown, but they're actually pure black.

"Why are you leaving so soon? Wooyoung even bought food for all of us!" San pouts cutely, completely opposite to what he was a few seconds ago. "That's true...but it's okay Yeosang, if you need to leave with Soojung then you can" Wooyoung understandingly nods to Yeosang, trying to convey more through his eyes. 

"Wooyoung, what the hell are you saying?!" San fumes. Yeosang grabs Soojung's arm. "Let's go quickly" he ushers her out the door as she worriedly glances back at San.

As soon as the door closes, San's eyes switch once again. "Who do you think you are?" San spits, venom dripping from his voice.

。・゚゚・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆。゚・゚゚・ 。

Yeosang lies down on his bed, staring at the ceiling. He recalls the events of the day while the rest of the residents of the house eat their dinner peacefully downstairs. He used the excuse of feeling sick to skip food. Technically, he is feeling a bit sick after today.

What was that look in San's eyes? Was it just his imagination? For the first time, Yeosang felt scared of San. He's always known the other man was dangerous, but now he really knows he's dangerous.

Is Soojung out of her mind to decide to date someone like San? Yeosang knows he needs to warn his sister again as soon as he can.

"Is everything okay?" Seonghwa's sweet voice comes drifting through the door. He opens it a bit to peek inside, before walking in with a tray. "What's this?" Yeosang asks while sitting up. "I made you some porridge and brought you some medicine" he warmly smiles, setting the tray down on the bedside table. "Thank you."

"Is something wrong?" Seonghwa asks after seeing the troubled look on Yeosang's face. "You know about San's eyes, don't you?" he blurts out. Seonghwa freezes. "He lost control again? He was doing so well at holding in his anger, how disappointing" Seonghwa shakes his head.

"Seonghwa, what's going on?" Yeosang's voice starts to grow more concerned. "I guess I'll tell you. Before you guys moved here, San had horrible mood swings. He was cheerful one second, but if he was even slightly provoked, he's lose his temper completely. It used to get quite dangerous for Wooyoung to live with him sometimes. But as soon as you and your sister moved here, he's changed. He had completely stopped lashing out and he became softer." Seonghwa sadly remembers.

"If he was such a bad person, why are you friends with him?" 

"I'm not. I'm close friends with Wooyoung, but I have to pretend to be friends with San as well to stay close to my actual friend so that I can protect him."

"Wait- so Wooyoung's in danger?" Yeosang quickly perks up. Seonghwa suddenly stands too. "You're right. I'll go to their place and see if I can bring Wooyoung away from San." Seonghwa's voice grows panicked.

"I'm coming too." Soojung's voice calls out from behind Seonghwa. He turns around and sees her standing there with a determined expression. "I want to believe San is a good person...but if Wooyoung's hurt when we see them, we should stay away" she firmly states.

Yeosang proudly smiles. "Thank you for finally seeing what I mean. Let's go!" the group immediately dash out of the room. Without even saying a word to the two students, the three speed out of the front door with only one destination in mind.

When they finally reach the front door of the other house, Seonghwa harshly bangs the door. "Open the door!" he shouts.

To eveyone's surprise, Wooyoung answers. "Seonghwa? And Soojung and Yeosang? What's going on?" he asks in a more cheerful tone than anyone expected.

"Who's at the door?" they hear San's voice call out from behind.

"Come in!" Wooyoung invites them in. Soojung and Yeosang hesitantly glance to Seonghwa, but he walks forward without a second thought.

"It's quite late, did you forget anything here?" Wooyoung directs the question to Yeosang. "Wooyoung, it's okay. I'm here now. What happened? Are you okay?" Seonghwa asks with a concerned voice, resting a hand on Wooyoung' shoulder.

"Me and San just had pizza, and now we were preparing to go to sleep?" He calmly responds.