21

The soothing sun radiates a comfortable amount of heat on the kang twins' faces as they trek through the streets, on their way to Illusion lake. Soojung carries two traditional picnic baskets while Yeosang carries two pink picnic blankets as they follow Mingi in front of them, who's wearing large sunglasses. "I'm only offering to show you the way because Seonghwa would beat my ass if I didn't" is what he had told the twins earlier on, however he did add a warm smile at the end of his statement.

"Do you think they'll like what I baked?" Soojung asks the two boys. Mingi surpresses his laughter while Yeosang fakes a shocked expression at his sister. "I don't know about them but I'll just settle with the fresh fruit, thanks" he states. She rolls her eyes at her brother, knowing he's just trying to get on her nerves.

Mingi however, finds this comment very amusing. "Mingi, why did you laugh?" She asks. "Oh- you see... look we're here!" He quickly changes the subject, eagerly running through the grass to find a good spot to lay down the blankets. Soojung giggles at the sight of the tall man zig zagging around other groups already spread out in the area.

Lastly, her eyes land on the lake. The huge lake stretches wide, shocking Soojung. It looks like glitter dances among the smooth ripples of water on the surface from the beaming sun, leaving anyone who sees it mesmerised. The girl gasps and she sets off into a sprint towards the water's surface, her caramel coloured hair following from behind as if it's waving goodbye to Yeosang.

As she reaches the water, she observes it, full of wonder. The water is so clear that she can see even the smallest of details on the round rocks at the bottom of the lake.

She reaches her hand into the crispy cold water to grab one of the stones, but to her surprise her hand keeps going lower and lower. She doesn't reach the object until the water is almost up to her shoulder, even though it looked like it was only a few centimeters from the surface.

"Now you know why it's called Illusion lake." She whips her head around at the familiar voice behind her. 

"San!" she jumps up and squeezes him. "No need to get too excited yet, your brother and Wooyoung are still nearby" he explains, although he doesn't pull away from the hug himself.

"San! Soojung! We found a nice spot!" they hear Wooyoung's loud voice in the background, causing them to pull away. They quickly walk over to the blankets, San holding the baskets for Soojung.

The small group sit down on the ground and initiate some small talk. Soojung observes San while they talk. She notices how his hair is cute today, slightly curled. He wears a plain black shirt with the upper buttons undone and plain black ripped jeans as well as black boots.

In contrast, Soojung wears a bright yellow dress, reaching down to her mid-thigh. Her honey coloured hair is in two ponytails with white ribbons on each. She also has the white clip in her hair, which was gifted by San not too long ago. 

San finds himself blushing as he looks at her, but thankfully nobody notices. Little does he know, Soojung is also intenally screaming about how he looks. "You look very cool." Soojung timidly compliments San. "How does he look cool? He looks like he's at a funeral when he's actually at a picnic!" Wooyoung complains. "Ignore him, he's just sad that he doesn't look as cool. You look more gorgeous though" he longingly stares at her for a moment, admiring how his words make her cheeks grow red. She finally snaps out of it, lifting her glowing golden eyes back to him.

"Also, I made a bunch of things for us today! San, I based all of these on your favourite flavour" She excitedly bounces up and down and San's eyes widen when he hears his name. "Close your eyes and I'll put it in your mouth this time."

San smirks. "You know what else you can-"

"Just shut up and close your eyes" Wooyoung interrupts him before he can finish his sentence. Still intrigued, San closes his eyes and slightly parts his lips. He feels a semi-soft object touching his tongue, so he bites down and a juice fills his mouth.

Suddenly his eyes shoot open again and his face twists in extreme ways as the sour juice fills all corners of his mouth. He glares at Yeosang and Wooyoung who are weak with laughter and then his gaze lands on Soojung, who innocently smiles at him in anticipation.

"I heard you liked lemon flavoured things so I figured you'd like lemon too!" She chuckles, unaware of a what a lemon actually tastes like. San forces a smile and swallows the piece. "That was delicious baby, thank you" He winks at her before she looks away, feeling shy again all of a sudden.

"What else did you make?" he asks, encouraging her to reveal the other treats she made. Her eyes light up again as she eagerly takes out all of the objects one by one. San can't help but stare with amusement at the array of items laid out in front of the group.

There are three packets of lemon jellies, a plate of lemon cookies, a large lemon tart, a jug of lemonade and of course, several solid lemons. San lets out a warm laugh. "This is all because I like lemon? Thanks darling, I'm really touched" he says, genuineness behind his tone for the first time. Wooyoung's mouth drops open in disbelief. "Please don't tell me that's all we have" he looks like he's on the verge of tears.

"Don't worry, I told Soojung to pack fresh fruits in the second basket." Yeosang reassures him, causing him to relax a bit. "That's right! Take whatever you want to eat!" she beams while pouring out the contents of the second basket. To Wooyoung and Yeosang's horror, another pile of lemons come tumbling out. "Seonghwa told me lemons are fruits" she proudly states.

Yeosang starts to fume, now determined to force her to eat a lemon herself. Wooyoung, who is deeply hurt, decides to join in. The two boys start chasing Soojung around the park with a lemon, while she narrowly escapes. The entire time, San adoringly watches Soojung.

Once again, he feels his heart thump a bit harder for some reason as he looks at her.

He's never felt like this with anyone else before, but he can make a pretty good guess as to why he's feeling this way.

A/N
I'm uploading this chapter early (even though it's only one day early oops) as a thank you for 1K reads! Thank you very much for reading and supporting the book ♡\( ̄▽ ̄)/♡