31

"I'm so sorry for hiding this from you before." Seonghwa starts off, Mingi now sitting beside Yunho and Wooyoung. Wooyoung stares into Yeosang's eyes for consolation of any sort, but Yeosang avoids eye contact, feeling a bit ashamed for hiding things too.

"I'll start this off by saying that we're all angels. Including Soojung." Hongjoong speaks up, gesturing to everyone except for Mingi, Yunho and Wooyoung. Seonghwa gasps, looking at Yeosang. "I knew it." he murmurs under his breath.

Yeosang lifts his head, and realises it's his turn to explain. "Soojung escaped from heaven, so I followed her. As soon as an angel touches Earth, we start turning into a human. After we came down, we decided to live here since there was no going back." Yeosang explains with a straight face.

"I'm their best friend, Jongho. I really wanted to be with them so I escaped too, but Hongjoong caught me and followed me. He's a guard up in heaven so it's his duty to stop people from escaping. For some reason." He glares at Hongjoong, heart cracking a little when he remembers that Hongjoong intends to bring all of the angels back to heaven after this.

He'll be brainwashed and lose his personality.

Suddenly becoming nauseous with anxiety, he sits back and closes his mouth.

"Seonghwa and I were unofficially dating, but it's forbidden in heaven so we kept it a secret. Seonghwa eventually left secretly though, so I accepted my fate." Hongjoong bitterly laughs, and hurt flashes through Seonghwa's eyes.

"I didn't know-" Seonghwa begins, before being interrupted.

"I'm really gullible so I'd appreciate if you guys give up the act before I really start believing you." Mingi cautiously announces with a nervous laugh.

"Yeah, I admit this is a really well constructed prank but we're all tired after such an eventful day, sorry." Wooyoung smiles sympathetically to the others, who look like all the life is drained from their eyes.

"Even San's looking tired." He moves his eyes to San, who looks like he's just seen a ghost. His face is pale and his eyes are wide, staring into space. He looks like he's gone crazy.

"S-San?" Wooyoung starts to get scared now as he watches his roommate shake violently. Suddenly San suddenly stands up abruptly and runs out the front door.

"Does it look like we're joking?" Yeosang stares into Wooyoung's eyes, full of remorse. After seeing the emotion conveyed through Yeosang's eyes, the colour drains from Wooyoung's face too. "So...San really is a demon then?" He feels small among all the angels.

When he gets nothing but slight nods from everyone, he runs to the bathroom to throw up. Yeosang flinches at the sound, and immediately goes into the bathroom too to accompany the other.

Everyone else sits together in an uncomfortable silence. Seonghwa feels the guiltiest, having grown such a strong bond with Yunho and Mingi over the years. He lied to them for so long and he feels horrible knowing he just broke a bit of their trust.

"Look, I'm extremely sorry." Seonghwa simply says, gripping the cushion on his lap tightly.

"What do you mean? This is so cool! You should've told us earlier, we could've taken advantage of your angel abilities." Yunho exclaims. Everyone's eyes shoot up, baffled by his reaction. Yunho's eyes shine with genuine fascination. Mingi reacts similarly beside him, face lighting up.

"Wait, really?" Jongho asks, shocked even though he doesn't know the two boys as well as Seonghwa.

"Yeah, isn't being an angel supposed to be way better than being a demon anyway? Why is everyone acting like they just commited manslaughter?" Yunho says in an attempt to lighten the mood. It works, because Seonghwa finally smiles again.

"I lied to you idiots, that's why I feel so bad." He laughs seeing Yunho's face twist into fake disbelief.

"If it makes you feel better, I lied to you too." Mingi stands up bravely. He looks to Yunho, who nods to him reassuringly. Everyone perks up.

"I was the one who finished all the cereal, not any of your cats. You can tell them that I'm sorry for blaming them later." He shyly admits.

"And remember that time Mingi and I told you we were going to the library to study? We actually went to the park to meet friends." Yunho also stands up with his head hanging in shame.

Dumbfounded, everyone erupts into laughter.

Wooyoung and Yeosang also walk out with wide smiles on their faces, seeing everyone being cheerful again.

"You guys just crossed the line, just wait until everyone's gone home!" Seonghwa jokingly threatens, waving his slipper at them.

。・゚゚・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆。゚・゚゚・ 。

Soojung cries harder into her pillow as she remembers San's face when his secret was revealed. She's been crying in her room for the past hour, but the tears don't seem like they'll stop anytime soon.

If San was hiding such a big secret from her, what else is he hiding? He has been a threat to her this entire time while she obliviously stayed vulnerable with him. Soojung cringes at herself feeling her cheeks burn intensely from the tears.

She hears the muffled laughter from downstairs and can understand how they're happy. Everyone else was smart enough to not trust him, so why did she still stupidly believe that he was really a good person after all? She should've noticed the warning signs.

Ever since she was young, she's been fed the information that demons are the worst entity to exist. Her upbringing has caused the impact of this revelation to worsen extremely. She wonders if Yeosang is feeling the same heartbreak as she's feeling right now.

Probably not.

By the looks of things, no one saw San in such a good light except for Soojung. She was idiotic to ignore all the warnings. She recalls the final desperate pleas from San.

"I could see everything that was happening but I literally couldn't move any of my body how I wanted to no matter how much I tried, I admit it wasn't like that in the past but I've changed."

Should she become the only one to believe him, as always? Or was he just blurting anything in a moment of desparation?

As much as she wants to believe him, she starts to doubt her own judgement too.

A/N
The past few chapters are so angsty, apologies o(TヘTo) There's still just a little bit more angst to come, but hopefully it'll be over soon (。T ω T。)
I never thought my heart would hurt so much while writing scenes like this but I guess I really have grown attached to all the characters because ouch </3 Writing the next chapter really broke my heart though so good luck haha ;)
It's like 2am and I have an exam tomorrow but instead of studying I wrote four chapters of this story in a row for some reason, inspiration always comes at the most inconvenient times ( ̄ω ̄;) Anyway stay safe and take care <3