17

"-And that is how you take stocks." San finishes his detailed explanation on what the twins will have to do at work. "Remember to greet customers warmly-" he stops and stares at Yeosang, before continuing, "-and help them as best as you can when they need it. Oh look! There's your first customer! Yeosang, you deal with them, Soojung will restock the bread."

San runs off into the storage room behind the till as a woman walks into the store. Wooyoung's eyes monitor the situation closely as he pretends to write something in a copy. "Welcome. Please enjoy your visit and buy many things." Yeosang says with a straight face, obviously faking a cheery tone.

Wooyoung sighs and mentally facepalms. He's a little confused but he's got the spirit he thinks to himself.

Meanwhile, Soojung looks at the packet of bread in one hand, and then looks to the fridge in front of her. "San said bread goes in the fridge with milk and butter, right?" She thinks long and hard for a few more moments before giving in and stuffing the bread into the fride beside the milk.

After watching the two trying to work for a couple of minutes, Wooyoung gives up and rushes into the storage room to San. A few minutes later, San comes dashing out, straight to the aisles.

"Soojung, darling, why is the bread with the milk? And why did you put the biscuits in the same basket as the broccoli? And why are there a few sandwiches on top of the eggs?" San worriedly asks while frantically running around the store. Some customers give him a sidelong glance as he sprints past them.

Soojung stays shaking in her spot near the fridge, both because she's cold and because she's scared of San. He looks like he's ready to rip her to shreds and she's terrified to say the least.

He stomps back over to Soojung angrily and nearly screams at her, but as he catches a glimpse of her petrified figure, he takes a deep breath and smiles. His body relaxes and he calmly says, "You have a lot to learn, princess" before walking away with his hands in his pockets.

Soojung becomes confused. Somehow his calm demeanor right after he nearly screamed scared her more. I need to make this up to him later.

While she stands in shock, Wooyoung makes his way over to her, feeling slightly bad. "Why don't I show you how to be a cashier? It's a bit harder but you might be more suited for it."

"I'll try my best!" Soojung instantly brightens up again, catching Wooyoung off-guard.

They both walk to the till and Soojung eyes the cash register suspiciously. "Don't tell me you wan't me to control that thing." She timidly says, feeling intimidated by plethora of buttons on the machine.

"'That thing' is the easy part! Dealing with customers is what makes this job so hard. Speaking of which, we should see if your brother works better with other jobs instead because you're probably better at dealing with people than him." He turns his head to Yeosang, and Soojung follows his eyes.

All they see is Yeosang awkwardly standing in front of a middle-aged woman, expresionlessly and robotically blurting out the words, "Welcome. I hope you'll find many things to buy." He clearly already felt drained from his job, dropping the fake-cheery tone despite it only being about half an hour in.

"The lesson to be learnt here is to always appear joyful and friendly!" Wooyoung concludes. Being friendly is what the girl excelled in, so she felt a bit more at ease after hearing his words.

"Let's get started with the cash register then, shall we?"

。・゚゚・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆。゚・゚゚・ 。

"You were right, they both seem much better at their new tasks"  Wooyoung says, nodding towards Soojung through the crack in the door of the storage room behind the till. "Thank you! Have a lovely day and take care!" They hear her voice faintly sing to a customer who just bought their groceries.

"San?" Wooyoung calls out after realising that he hadn't responded at all. A warm smile remains on San's face as he stares through the small opening in the door. He snaps out of his trance when Wooyoung's face pops up into his vision, only a few inches away from his own.

"Ew why are you so close" He jokingly retorts. After shaking his head, Wooyoung scoffs. "You've been staring at Soojung this whole time, what's going on inside your head? Are you targeting her this time? You know what happened with the others-"

"She's a natural, isn't she?" San interrupts Wooyoung's concerns and he continues to stare forward, completely ignoring every single question that was thrown at him.

"Also I told you to never mention those ugly...things ever again, hearing it pisses me off." He directly asserts, standing up.

Wooyoung simply watches San walk up to Soojung and plop his chin on her shoulder from behind, fearful of what San's true intentions are. There's no way he's actually falling for her right?

Or is he?

The gears in Wooyoung's mind start whirring speedily. He has noticed a genuine smile on San for once. And the fact that he's being so patient with her- Wooyoung is surprised San hasn't gotten Soojung into bed and thrown her away already. He's even noticed generosity from him, something that Wooyoung hadn't seen in a long time.

All there was before was selfishness, lust and anger. San was sadistic and he didn't care about others, he enjoyed inflicting pain and suffering. He had a strong and dangerous aura before, but now to everyone's surprise, he's softened immensely.

Maybe he did fall for her after all. Maybe he's just hiding it, afraid of showing vulnerability.

Wooyoung smiles to himself. Being the closest person to San and the one who's known him the longest, he feels grateful to the girl for being the one to finally start to change him, even though she's completely unaware of it herself.

"Wooyoung? Could you help me with something please?" 

Wooyoung's heart warms up again at Yeosang's voice. When his face peeks around the door, Wooyoung can't help but become filled with a feeling that he hadn't felt in a very long time. "I'm coming, you dumbass" he teases, leaving Yeosang giggling.

"Okay ugly" Yeosang taunts back, causing Wooyoung to shriek in response.

Without even realising it, Wooyoung finds himself gradually letting Yeosang fill up the gap San had left in his heart.