22

Soojung tiredly limps back to their picnic spot, exhausted after her brother and Wooyoung chased her. The two boys now decide to play with the water so they set off towards the lake.

She sits down beside San, who's chewing on a cookie while watching the other two run towards Illusion lake. "Do they taste alright?" Soojung nervously asks, since San was the sole reason for her to make the goodies. He blankly stares at her.

"Are you kidding?" her expression drops, but before she can sulk, San adds on, "These are delicious!" He expressively stuffs the whole cookie in his mouth, humming to further emphasise how much he enjoys her baking.

Her cheeks start to glow. "Do you really think so? I practiced a lot!" she reveals, slightly taking San by surprise. "You practiced? To impress me?" he asks again, still in disbelief. She innocently nods in response, a huge smile dripping in pride on her face.

Thump. Thump.

His heart beats harder, just as it has been whenever he sees the girl lately.

Thump. Thump.

The boy stressfully brushes his hand through his hair. Before, he felt nothing but lust towards the young girl. However, now his heart is giving away his true feelings. What's gotten into me?

"Is everything okay?" A concerned Soojung places her hand on San's cheek, not realising what effect it's currently having on him. 

"Have you ever kissed anyone before?" He bravely blurts out suddenly.

Soojung slowly retracts her hand in embarrasment. The first thing to cross her mind at San's question is his face, coming closer and closer until...

Before her face gets any hotter, she cuts off the thought. "N-no" she fiddles with her fingers, avoiding eye contact with the man in front of her at all costs.

"Do you ever want to?" he asks more softly this time, shuffling closer to her subtly.

Her fidgeting starts to get more aggressive. "I guess so" she quietly mumbles.

San glances at her brother in the distance, occupied by Wooyoung as they splash water at each other like small children.

He gently places his large hand on her cheek, imitating what the girl had done to him a few seconds ago. Her eyes trail up to meet his. They widen in surprise when she sees that his face is much closer than before, continuously getting closer.

Just as his lips are about to touch hers, he stops. "Those two cockblocking idiots can't stop us now." he whispers, his breath dancing on her lips. At last, he closes the distance between them and delicately brushes his mouth off hers before pulling away again.

He takes a moment to recollect himself as he internally explodes. After a few seconds, he joins their lips again. When he feels her kissing back, he slightly smiles against her lips.

Suddenly Soojung pulls back in shock. "Did you just kiss me?" she exclaims. He continues to smile. "Yeah, and you even kissed me back, princess." her face disappears behind her hands. She can't believe that just happened.

Neither can San.

Since when did he become so soft? Where did his aggression go? How he never cared for how others felt, how he wanted to just use Soojung and throw her away? Why did he find himself feeling careful with her as if she's some sort of rare gem?

Soojung on the other hand continues to be flustered. She just had her first kiss. That was probably the most unholy thing she's ever done in her life.

"Now, we could do more in my bedroom..." San begins to shamelessly flirt again, already gone past his thoughts from earlier. "I could teach you how to sin" he seductively utters.

This has the opposite effect than it's supposed to have on Soojung. Her heart drops and her blood turns to ice. Sin.

"S-sin?" she stutters, growing nervous. "Well, yeah. We can do some unholy things" he winks again, not noticing that the more he speaks, the more anxious the girl gets. 

As soon as he notices her worried face, he quickly corrects himself. "It's just an expression?"

His words calm Soojung down. Oh yeah, down on Earth people are allowed to sin without getting punished...

San lets out a hearty giggle. "What else would I mean? Sweetheart, you really are the cutest" he admires her embarrassed reaction as she clutches the blanket underneath them tightly.

"Let's just enjoy some of these lovely treats now" he caringly places two slices of lemon tart onto two paper plates, handing one to the girl.

"I told you to bring a spare set of clothes" Wooyoung scuttles over to the picnic, water dripping from his clothes. Yeosang comes walking behind him, leaving a trail of water as well. Soojung immediately puts down her plate and walks over to her brother, while San doesn't even flinch, contuining to savour the flavour of his lemon tart.

"Don't ruin the moment Wooyoung." he quietly mutters, not even looking at Wooyoung. While Wooyoung screams at San, Soojung interrogates her brother. "What happened? Did you just jump into the lake?" she stressfully asks. "No. We were just splashing each other with water." he asserts. The frown doesn't leave her face though.

"Wooyoung why did you have to wear a white shirt? I can see your ugly chest through it now" San complains, earning himself a punch from Wooyoung. While he continues to assault his arm, San throws out a suggestion. "Why don't we all go to our house so that Wooyoung and Yeosang can wash up?" he looks at Soojung and smirks.

After everyone agrees, they pack up. Wooyoung and Yeosang mentally prepare themselves to walk through the town dripping with water, shirts semi see-through. Quickly enough, they gain the confidence after seeing some nearby girls coo and stare at them. They start walking in front of Soojung and San, determined to simply reach their destination without too much humiliation.

"I'm glad they're walking in front" San murmurs. "Huh-" Before Soojung gets to ask what he means, he slides his hand into hers. He continues to look forward the entire time as if nothing happened, while Soojung stares at him. A slight smile finds its way onto his lips.

"Like what you see, beautiful?" he jokes. She quickly looks away, staring at the ground.

But not once does she consider unlinking their fingers.

A/N
I am SO bad at writing these kind of scenes so it was hard but it's my fault for choosing this kind of story (//▽//)
I hope it wasn't too bad °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°