35

San smirks slightly on his hospital bed while staring straight at Soojung. "Damn, did it hurt when you fell from heaven?" San flirts with a rough voice before wheezing with laughter. "Get it, because-"

"You're so silly, I didn't fall. We have wings so I came safely, you don't need to worry." She smiles at him, not acknowledging his dumbfounded expression. A wide grin eventually grows on his face.

"Sorry, my bad." his eyes sparkle while staring at the girl. They both behave as if nothing ever happened as their hearts thump loudly in their chests.

"Oh yeah! I got you a present." she shyly picks up the plastic bag from beside her. San slightly tilts his head in confusion as the girl starts to pull an object out.

"A pomegranate?"

He stares at her with a puzzled expression, not fully understanding her intentions. "It seems like you hit your head too hard. This fruit is the reason we met in the first place, remember?" she waves it around in front of his face and the memories come flooding back.

"Of course I remember, darling. Without this fruit I would've never met an angel like you. Quite literally." He wheezes at his own joke again, Soojung joining in too this time.

They both stay quiet for a few moments, enjoying the positive atmosphere.

"I think I should explain everything properly to you. I never thought I'd say this but your innocence makes me feel guilty." he laughs sadly. "I'd be very happy with an explanation." she says, the mood turning a bit more serious again.

"What everyone says about me is the truth, I used to be a horrible person and I enjoyed it. I only came to Earth initially to play around and hurt people, me being the demon I am. I loved scarring people both emotionally as well as physically." He pauses as he slightly tears up.

"But people were also telling the truth when they said I changed. As soon as I met you, I felt an overwhelmingly strong positive energy from you. I should've understood that you were an angel right then, but I was stupid. While I usually enjoyed hurting people, I suddenly found it quite disturbing. My folk in hell clearly didn't enjoy this though, so they started telepathically communicating with me, threatening me to stop being so soft."

"I resisted their demands, slowly turning more human the longer I was around you. As soon as I fully turn human, the voices will leave. But they got annoyed that I was ignoring their requests, so they started taking control of my body to threaten and hurt the people I cared for. They had full control over me sometimes, but never around you."

"The reason I'm in a hospital bed right now is because they made me walk off my balcony. I know I deserved it for everything I've done in the past. They were the ones keeping me asleep too just now. As soon as your voice came across, they disappeared. Thank you for saving me, ever since the real beginning."

Soojung's tears come dripping down after hearing San's story. "I had no idea you struggled so much." she whimpers, while she sobs uncontrollably. "I'm glad you've changed for the better."

"I'm glad I've changed too. You changed me" Soojungs heart flutters. "I admit I was angry at you before, but if you're sorry for what you've done then I'll forgive you." she straightens her expression to look more strict.

San wants to squeeze her cheeks so bad, but holds back since his arms are sprained badly. "I'm very very sorry, words cannot express how sorry I am to everyone." His heart twists and turns while he admits it, knowing that everyone in hell must be raging right now.

"Then I forgive you." She smiles, placing her hand over his again. "Get better soon, okay?" she sweetly sings.

"Don't worry about me, I heal very fast so I'll be better in no time at all." He smiles widely at her relieved face. She softly squeezes his hand unconsciously.

San's smile is full of love. He feels grateful for the girl that stayed by his side when he didn't deserve it. "Soojung, I l-"

"I'm sorry for the interruption, but visiting hours are over." A woman's soft voice comes from the door of the room.

"That doesn't make sense, it's still early and she's only been here for barely an hour." San complains. The woman walks into the room, her face appearing in San's field of vision.

"I'm just trying to do my job sir, the girl has to leave now." She smiles while talking but it's clear she's gritting her teeth.

"I'd appreciate it if you left me alone for a fat minute, Eunha." San scowls, annoyed that she ruined the atmosphere. "It's okay San, she's just doing what she's been told. I'll visit as soon as I can next time!" She waves goodbye.

"You're going to leave just like that?" San pouts. He lifts his arm with great difficulty, groaning in pain, just to tap his cheek twice with a finger with a cheeky smile. "Oh!" Soojung exclaims, as she runs over to San's bed again. She comes closer to his cheek. San anticipates what's to come, only to be mildly disappointed when she just pats his cheek twice as well.

"Is that enough?" She asks, oblivious to San trying to hold in a giggle. "Give me a kiss, you innocent little angel." He finally lets out the laugh, ignoring Eunha still standing at the door, staring daggers at the couple.

"Of course you meant that." Soojung nervously chuckles, before quickly swooping down. She hesitates at his cheek and thinks for a second, before suddenly landing a soft kiss on his lips instead, which results in a red blush starting to spread. She stays in place for a few seconds before parting. 

He dreamily closes his eyes and smiles. "Thank you princess. Now stay careful." He sighs, still feeling euphoric. He doesn't know if it's from the medication or the presence of his girlfriend, but he guesses that it's Soojung. He tries his best not to show it, but on the inside San is burning up. His girlfriend just kissed him first for the first time and he wants nothing more than to hold her in his arms lovingly.

She turns around and voluntarily follows Eunha out the door, trying to distract herself from what just happened or else the blush will remain on her cheeks indefinitely.

They walk down the hallway side by side after Eunha quietly closes the door behind them. "You feeling hungry? Let's drop by the cafeteria before you go." she offers, not making eye contact with Soojung. "It's alright, I had breakfast before coming here." she happily declines.

Eunha fakes a sad expression. "That's too bad, I'm starving because I haven't eaten at all today and I hate eating alone. It's okay though, I'll look for someone else." she stares at the ground, exhaling loudly.

"If that's the case I'll come with you then! Can you let me visit San again later if I accompany you?" Soojung innocently blinks at Eunha. She supresses her laughter, but doesn't even bother hiding her sinister smile. 

"Of course you can meet him again afterwards."

A/N
I am SO sorry for forgetting to update, where I am it's already midnight (Sunday) when I'm supposed to update on Saturday (╥﹏╥)
I was feeling quite unwell all day and I wasn't in my right mind so updating the story completely slipped from my mind :( I know that's not really a valid excuse so please forgive me (シ_ _)シ