i really, really like you.

(sonia's pov- one month after graduation)

**Heads up to all readers! There will only be one or two more chapters after this one, but thank you all so much for reading!!**

Gundham and I watched with fear as Kazuichi was dragged away from Gundham's room by Peko and Fuyuhiko, screaming, kicking, and punching the whole way. I thought I got rid of you? What does that mean? Did Kazuichi try and harm Gundham? Did he try to do something worse?

I thought we had escaped the killing school trip. I thought we reclaimed peace in our lives after everything we've gone through...

I looked over at Gundham. We were still sitting on the hospital bed, his face was pale and expressionless. He looked like he had seen a ghost, which strangely didn't seem out of character for Gundham, but I get why he was shocked. I mean if what Kazuichi said was true...

     Gundham picked up his hamsters one by one, and slowly made sure they were all OK before setting them back down to sleep on his pillow.

     For the near few minutes we said nothing, there wasn't really anything to say, so we just sat there. It wasn't awkward, or weird without speaking either. It was just quiet.

But the silence was broken when Hiyoko burst into Gundham's room. "Ok so we took care of mr. crazy pants... and I think Peko like tied him up or something I'm not really sure... anywaaaayyys..." Hiyoko looked between Gundham and I will a sideways grin, "What are you two lovebirds up to?" Gundham's Face immediately got red and I could feel myself blush as well. Hiyoko was already laughing to the point of falling over when Mahiru came in and dragged her out of the room.

And we were alone again.

We were silent again.

But this time it was, actually, awkward.

oh.

I was trying to think of something to say, then I noticed something.

"Hey Gundham.. your eye.." I said. He looked confused, "What about it?" he questioned. I took a closer look at his face, "Your right eye is usually red, but now it's gray. How did it change? I thought you said it was an effect of being gifted the powers of the underworld?" Gundham immediately lost all color to his face.

"My eye! It must have... healed..." He replied. But based on his expression I wondered if his red eye was every really red... or if he wore a singular red contact that he must have forgotten to put in.

but then again, silence.

and more silence...
until.

I heard it. A whisper from Gundham that was so quiet it was almost inaudible.

"Sonia... I really, really like you."