Past and present

Y/n POV

I was born from a loving parents, they were my pillars in life, they support me.

I was the only child, they nourish me with all love and care.

I was living the fullest at the age of 8, until a huge calamity came to my family.

My father got sick, my mother and I were the one who took care of him. We did everything, we can to find a cure and after six months, My Father passed away, My mother and I grieved for our lost. But even, we lost My Father, We can't give up on living.

My mother said as she work for the both of us. At the young age, she teach me skills to earn money. I was fine with it, I enjoyed everything she taught me, How to make sandals, made of straws, burning charcoal, selling them.

Learning to cook not aware about the fact, she caught the same illness that my father had and she been enduring the pain.

"Y/n... Is such a Good girl, she is also a fast learner, at such young age you learn how to be independent" My mother would praise me a lot, when I accomplished something.

At the middle of the Winter, I sell charcoal in order for me to afford rice for us. Mother doesn't feel well, so she asked me to do the selling, which I gladly fullfill, I even bought herbal medicine for her.

Little I didn't know that will be the last time. I got home, seeing, My mother peacefully laying down, I thought she was just sleeping. but when I tried to woke her up.

Mother have passed away. Her whole body was cold like ice. There is no warmth.

I cried and cried so many times calling for her to wake up.

"Mother, wake up, please... Don't leave me... " I said to her Lifeless body. I stayed one week watching over of My Mother's corpse. I didn't sleep nor eat.

A Good merchant which is My Father's friend Kanaro-san always check on us ever since Father passed away.

He Came to visit our house, and their he saw My Mother corpse and myself almost lifeless.

"Y/n! How long you going to mourn to your Mother's death, they wouldn't want you to starve yourself" Kanaro-san said. While he give me a Onigiri(Rice ball). He motivate me to live.

"... your both unfair, Mother... Father... You should have take me with you" I said while crying my eyes out. Until I read my mother's diary.

All the lesson, she taught me, It was for my own survival.

I know, it's selfish not to tell my condition to my beloved y/n, I also do not wish to leave my only child, But the pain, I could feel it, in every sensation of my body like it is screaming, I don't know when, Or how long can I still live. I'm afraid, I won't see my child growing up, I want her to live. Even if that future I am not with her, because of this incurable disease, I pray for my husband don't take me yet, I need to teach all, all the things that I should teach to my...our....girl. Before I go... I'm sorry y/n... I'm sorry, I couldn't keep our promise of not leaving you alone. Forgive mother and father for leaving you. But you need to keep living, we want you to find happiness and have your own family in the future.

After reading her diary, Kanaro-san was offered me to travel with him, but I refuse to leave the house. The house where full of happy memories and sad, I matured a bit.

I work for myself to live. Knowing they wish me to keep living on, I always go home with a empty house.

I always wish that I could go back. Always remember the times, things are okay..

I should have know that no matter how many times I get sick, no one could take care of me anymore.

No one could comfort me, even if I cried in my sleep.