Chapter 1

TWO YEARS LATER

    Ruby sat on her bed in her white room when a female nurse came in, "Ruby, are you ready for your release today."

    Ruby nodded and grabbed her bag from under her bed. They both walked down the hall and to the office to get her scroll. It seemed unfamiliar since she hadn't used it for two years. They then led her to the front where Yang and Oscar were sitting. They got up when they saw Ruby come through the door. At first Ruby stood there with her bag in her hand until she lurched forward to hug them. It had been a long time since she'd felt them touching her.

When they were done hugging, Ruby asked, "Where's the rest of the team?"

"The rest of the team is in their own places and world now while Uncle Qrow is on a mission," Yang replied, "When we had to send you to this mental hospital, After a year almost all of us split up. We didn't know when or if you would come home, so most of us gave up and left."

"But you and Oscar are still here," Said Ruby.

"We live in separate places of Argus now," Yang replied.

"When they called Yang that you were coming home, we both decided to come get you since we are the only ones from the team that live in Argus now," Oscar explained as they walked out.

"So I take it that I'm gonna live with Yang until I'm able to get some money for my own place, huh," Ruby asked.

Yang turned to her little sister, "Uncle Qrow lives with me. We talked to the court about it and they said that after you get out, you too can't see each other for seven months."

"You're living with me," Oscar said.

Ruby looked at him, "Wait, what? Really?"

Oscar nodded. After Yang and Oscar got Ruby lunch at a local diner, the three parted and Oscar took Ruby to his apartment. When they went inside it seemed like a medium sized place. Oscar then helped Ruby get settled in. They opened up her suitcase and Oscar saw what was inside. There wasn't much anymore. There were a few t-shirts, a couple of pants, four pairs of socks and underwear and a few tolletrees.

"Ruby," He asked.

Ruby looked up, "Yeah?"

"You don't have much anymore, What happened to most of your clothes?"

"I grew out of them when I was going through recovery. I know I don't have much anymore, but it works!"

"How about I take you shopping later?"

"No, no, it's fine, really."

"Ruby, I have a job that I earn so much money from. You need clothes for drying out loud."

"I guess you're right. If you get me some clothes, can I pay you back once I get the money?"

"I don't think that's needed. Besides, It's on me!"

Ruby agreed and they went to the shopping center in Argus. Oscar took Ruby to the women's section in the shopping mall and Ruby tried on a lot of clothes. Later that day, Oscar ended up getting Ruby a few dresses, four dress up tops, leggings, socks, black jeans and a lot more. When they got the bill at the register, Oscar helped Ruby understand that even though he was spending $300 on her new wardrobe, it was okay. By the time they got back to Oscar's apartment, Ruby was so exhausted from trying on clothes all day, that she passed out on her bed.