Chapter 3

A few days after Ruby settled in with Oscar, he called a couple to tell them so they'd be aware when they came over.

"I can't wait until we meet her, Marcey," said Claire.

"I bet she'll be surprised since Oscar hasn't said anything," replied Marcy. They drove in their car to the apartment complex and walked in holding hands. When they got to the door, they knocked and Oscar Opened the door, "Hi, Oscar."

"Hello, Claire and Marcy," Oscar said as he let them in. "How are you?"

"Good," Replied Marcy, "You?"

"I'm fine, I'd like you to meet Ruby Rose," Oscar moved out of the way to reveal Ruby at the bottom of the stairwell as she just came down. Claire then realized a few similarities between Ruby and her wife, Marcy. Both Wore cloaks, dressed nice, but a little edgy and both had silver eyes. Marcy was the last to look. Ruby saw her eyes and the cloak and Marcy realized after.

Oscar then realized something great in the situation, "Well, isn't this a surprising coincidence? Marcy, Claire?I would like you to meet, Ruby! She's been a friend to me since I left the farm. She just got out of the mental asylum and is staying with me until she knows what to do!"

"Nice to meet you Ruby," Marcy replied. She stuck out her hand and Ruby shook it. She noticed Ruby wearing the rose necklace, "What a pretty necklace?"

"Thanks," Ruby replied.

They later sat down at the table after they were called in from one of the maids that made the dinner. They later talked, told stories until there were no more and sang a few songs. It felt like they were living in the 40's and 50's. When one of the maids brought out the wine, Marcy saw Ruby disappear outside to the porch. The laughing stopped and everyone watched Ruby sit outside.

"Oh did I say something," Claire asked.

"You didn't honey. I'll see what's up," Marcy replied as she patted Claire's back. Marcy walked out of the kitchen and onto the patio, "Hey, Ruby? Are you good?"

Ruby looked up, "Oh, uh. Yeah, I just need some air. I sort of get nervous around alcohol."

Marcy sat down next to her, "I see. I went through the same thing at your age. My dad was an alcoholic and my mom would sleep in my room because of it.. She was pretty good at protecting me until a very bad day came for both of us."

"What happened?"

"I was fine, but mom wasn't. He was so drunk that when she gently put her hand on him to make sure he was okay, he threw his beer bottle in her knee and hip. I called 911 and later found out that there was no way she could perform ballet so I helped her and she helped me. We left dad and lived with my grandmother until I went to college and mom found a place just for us. I helped her more than she helped me because she was now disabled. When I told her I was gay, she was okay with it."

"Really? Wow, you're lucky to have a mom. Mine died on a mission when I was two so most of my life, it was just my uncle, my sister and my dad who helped to take care of me. We managed though! I later went on a trip after Beacon fell. It's just hard getting back."

"Ah, I see! I've heard a bit about a group coming around here!"

"Really?"

"Yeah! Now let's go back inside before they start to worry about us," Marcey got up and gave Ruby one of her hands. Ruby took it and they went back inside. When they went back inside, the action continued.

Later that night, they left and Oscar asked her what was wrong.

"I just had stuff on my mind. That's all!"

"Okay, well, goodnight!"

"Night!"