Chapter 10

When they heard her door shut upstairs, Marcy asked, "What happened at work today?"

    "A minor problem in the system," Oscar replied.

    "Oh."

    "Well, I should probably be going. Long three days ahead, am I right?"

    "Yeah, totally! I don't blame you."

    "By, Mr. Pine," Marcey said. She went out of the room and walked down the hallway to their apartment next door. It was a little hard for Summer to be Marcy and take on her daily life everyday. Pretending to be Lesbian was the hardest part she felt which is why she felt a little distant from Claire. With Marcy's clothes in her suitcase near the door, Summer walked into the open living room space that stood across from the door. She sat down on the couch. Her thoughts began, Uh, no. I know she notices how weird I might be acting. To me, it's weird, but weirder to be like her full on. What should I do? She's going to come home and probably say something... I should probably act like I went to bed early, but what if that's weird too? Screw it. I'm going to try it. Maybe she'll understand. She's already seen the letter so she might definitely understand.

    Summer got up and went into their room and got in bed. When Claire came home, she saw Marcy fast asleep, with her back facing the doorway. Summer heard her and pretended to be asleep. After hearing the shower running for five minutes she actually did. She slept until, clair climbed into bed, and put her arms around Marcy's waist, happily going to sleep. Summer opened her eyes and looked over. She then looked back in the direction on the window that blinded the city lights outside. Summer dozed off to sleep again.

    The alarm on her scroll went off the next morning at five and Summer got up. She got dressed and did her normal routine in the bathroom. When she came out, she saw Claire sitting up in the middle of the bed

    "Time to go," She asked.

    "Time to go, babe," Summer replied. She gave Claire a hug, "I'll see you in three days!"

"Okay!" Clarie watched Marcy leave out of the door.

Marcy walked down the hallway with her suitcase and knocked on Oscar's door. Ruby opened it and they walked down to the circle waiting for the taxi. They got into the taxi and went to the airport. After the security check, they sat down and waited for their plane. Ruby was rummaging through her bag trying to find her jacket.

"Are you okay," Summer asked her.

"I can't find my jacket," She replied.

"Here," Summer took off her own baggy jacket and gave it to Ruby, "Borrow this! It's going to be cold there."

"Really? Are you sure?"

"Yeah! I always layer a little bigger anyway."

"Wow, Thank you," Ruby put it on. Five minutes later they boarded and went on their flight. When they landed they got off the plane and to the buses. From there the bus took them to the car stop where Glinda Goodwitch picked them up.

When she pulled up, she immediately recognized Ruby, "Ruby?"

"Hi, Ms. Goodwitch," Ruby replied.

"Ruby, how are you? How's your team?"

"I don't know. We've been split up for two years, but I know Yang's doing okay."

"Really? Is it her alcohol problem again?"

"Yep."

"Aw, what a shame," Glinda motioned them into the car. On their way there, Ruby told Glinda about things that she'd been doing for the past three years. Summer sat there in the back seat, listening and learning. When they got there, they walked in and checked in at the front desk. Marcey's diary said she'd been here before so Summer tried her best not to look around at the fancy lobby around her. Ruby did. They took the elevator upstairs to the fourth floor of the seven floor building. They were five minutes early along with a few other huntresses at the meeting. A few people of the Atlas military came and unlocked the doors to let them in. Marcy and Ruby were the last to go in. Before Ruby sat down in the chair next to Marcy, someone came through the door.