Chapter 15

They Knocked on the door and Claire Opened it. She was in Yang's apartment alone.

    "Are you Claire," one of them asked.

    "Yes," She replied, "How can I help you?"

    "Your wife is our custody and you need to come with us."

    "Where," Yang asked as she opened the door fully.

    "We're taking her to the police station," One of the officer's replied.

    Claire looked at Yang, "Don't worry, I'll be fine! Consider me off your couch!"

    "Very funny," Yang replied, "Let me come with you."

    "We only want Claire Oswald, mame," the same officer stopped Yang.

    "Okay."

    Claire followed the two officers down stairs and into the car. They then drove her to the station and took her inside. Claire walked past Marcey's cell and and both looked at each other. Both were worried. She saw Marcey slightly shake her head and in through the doors she went. When the door closed, they took her to one of the rooms. She also walked past Ruby, Oscar and Qrow, who looked at her as she walked by, handcuffed. They put her in the room and told her everything. She cried so hard and they asked Ruby to go back in. Ruby tried her best to comfort Claire, across the table, but it wasn't that effective. When they took both Ruby and her back to the waiting room, she passed out and All three helped her into the chair. Her breath smelled of alcohol. When she woke up, they gave Claire a breath test only to find out the amount she had that day. They assumed she threw it up. When they asked her, surprisingly they were correct.

    The detective came over, "Claire, I think you should talk to her."

    "I can't," She replied looking away.

    "As shocking as it seems, you should."

    "Okay." They took Claire to Summer's Jail cell.

    Summer looked up as the detective let Claire in, "Visitor number two Travler! Happy Talking!"

"Who are you," Claire asked. After his footsteps disappeared.

Summer could tell she was in rage.

Claire's voice quivered when she asked again, "Who are you? You were never someone I knew when you left that hospital. Why didn't you tell me?"

"You're Right," Summer put her head down, "I should have, but I didn't know what it would have done."

"Um, made me less mad and time to figure it out. But I didn't have time because you never let me in. I thought you were a new version of the woman I married. I had been worrying off my butt thinking that the accident you got into made you forget, but no. You killed her. You replaced her. They told me everything."

"I never killed her. She got into that homicide."

"Homicide? I don't believe you."

"I come from the body of Summer Rose in the year 3020. We have the technology and minds to understand what happened in years before ours. I've studied this part of history before. I know I can't prove much now, but you have to listen and trust me."

"No. I can't trust you, because I don't know you anymore. How sick?"

Before Claire called the guards Summer took her wrist causing Claire to fight a little. Abby took over, "Aren't you going to listen to anyone but the sound of your own voice, Claire? Summer did everything to pretend to be Marcey so you wouldn't be crushed. She didn't know how to tell you. She even saved you from the violence that erupted. All the things on television are just lies. If you believe those lies, then say goodbye to Marcey Renne. You think Summer is toxic for this? That really hurts. You are free now."

Just like that, the woman before her faded in thin air, releasing Claire's wrist. Claire looked around and the cell was empty. She began to feel so bad that she panicked, "AAAAAHHHHHHHH AHHH HA HA."

Ruby was the first to get to the cell before any of the others did. She saw Claire collapsed on the floor in tears. The detective opened up the door and Ruby went in. When she touched Claire, an image shot through both of them. Ruby helped her up and both shook their heads.

"What," Qrow said, "How can she just be gone?"

"Where did she go," Oscar asked.

"I think I have an idea," Ruby said, "But me and Claire should go alone."

"Then Go," The detective replied.

Ruby and Claire Hurried out of the police station as soon as they could. They ran ouy of the city and through the woods. After a couple miles, Ruby tripped and fell. Claire helped her up, "Ruby are you okay?"

"Yeah! And thank you," Ruby replied. She saw something fade in Claire's eyes, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, just... I guess I was widowed this whole time after she came back from the hospital."

"Hey, no one knew until Abby saved us."

"But if only I knew everything going on. All I did was get overwhelmed and go to the wine bottle."

"Then if we knew everything there wouldn't be the good surprises. Come on, let's-" Ruby felt something. She turned to the trees at what appeared to be a drop off. She walked towards it and there was Marcey, walking up the steps of an abandoned ruined temple. Both girls ran down the hill as Ruby yelled, "MOM.