11

12:00 came by quicker but also somehow slower than Jungkook would've hoped. The time seemed to fly by when Jungkook was faced with the task of silencing his best friend's and his assistant's bickering. It got so heated that at one point, Jin was absolutely red in the face and steam was blowing out of his ears.

Jimin feigned a mock coolness throughout each and every exchange they had, though Jungkook knew when Jin got on his nerves by the tone in which he would snap back at some points.

It was when Jungkook's own nerves creeped up on him that the time would drag by. He sat at his desk, fiddling with the corners of the printer paper that was stacked in front of him and constantly thinking about Namjoon and the offer he gave him.

He was grateful Hoseok seemed so eager to help, but he truly need Yoongi for this as he was the one with the most experience in the field. He was nervous that Namjoon wouldn't keep his word and would do something terrible once he got out.

He shook the thoughts out of his mind. He can't be thinking of this just moments before he was about to go tell him that it was a yes. He checked his watch and he knew it was time to leave.

"Jimin come on, we need to go." Jungkook said, swinging his office door open and heading to the front of the building.

Jimin sat up, giving a smirk to Jin's piercing glare.

"See you later, shoulders." Jimin taunted, heading out of the building quickly to get the last word.

Once they both entered the car and were on the road Jungkook said, "You're so childish, Jimin."

Jimin giggled at that, "Oh it's all fun and games. Don't worry about it, Kookie."

The rest of the ride was filled with silence all the way until Jimin was dropped off. From there, Jungkook made the trek down to the prison that he was so frequently doing.

He entered the building once again and got asked the same question by Eunji. Jungkook wondered if she would ever stop asking and just start assuming that was what he was here for. What else would he be here for anyway? Nothing but his father is all that she should know.

He takes his seat right in the middle of the room as always and when the buzzer sounds signaling the door opening, he's taken aback when he sees a head full of silver hair coming toward him instead of the purple he was expecting.

Taehyung takes the seat across from him, a smirk gracing his features as always. His eyes are scanning down Jungkook, all the way down until his sight is blocked off by the table. This is when he finally graces him with a greeting.

"Hi, love." His deep voice speaks gently.

It is just by this line that Jungkook could see the difference between Namjoon and his brother. Taehyung seems a bit more gentle and a lot more playful. His demeanor and the way he acts makes Jungkook think that this is more of a fun little game to Taehyung, instead of a sort of desperate need to get out of the prison.

He is drawn to Taehyung's deep brown eyes. They seem to hold a gentleness he hasn't seen since his mother passed. He almost falls into them, but he shakes his head and clears it of all of his thoughts.

He needs to get a grip. For all he knows, Taehyung could just be acting about this whole thing.

So Jungkook clears his throat and asks,
"Where's Namjoon?"

At this Taehyung frowns, "What aren't you happy to see me?"

"U-Uh its not that it's just, I mean I thought it would be Namjoon holding these meetings with me. Since..Since he's the one who was here last time and knows how the conversation went down." Jungkook stutters out.

Taehyung chuckles, "Don't worry Kookie, Namjoon is very good at explaining things. I know exactly what went down. Originally, he wanted to be the one to come out here," as he continues, Taehyung's lips push into a pout, "but I told him that wasn't fair! He already got to talk to you and I thought it should be my turn to play!"

Jungkook just stares at Taehyung, astonished at how many different pitches Taehyung is managing to make his voice hit.

"But I always get my way, so here I am." Taehyung shrugs, but then points his gaze directly at Jungkook and asks him sharply, "But anywho, what's your answer?"

Jungkook gulps and takes a deep breath before he answers, "I'll help you guys out. I asked my friend Hoseok to help me take a look at your case to find any loopholes."

Taehyung bounces up and down in his seat at this, "Oh goodie! Thanks so much, Jungkookie. You won't be let down."

Taehyung quickly jumps out of his seat and leans across the table, pressing a quick kiss to Jungkook's cheek.

"See you around, love." Taehyung whispers into Jungkook's ear and then pulls back and turns around, his face completely stoic as if nothing happened.

Jungkook sits there slack-jawed, cheek burning at the spot where Taehyung's lips pressed against his skin. He stands up and walks out in a daze, going back to the office and eventually his apartment, where he doesn't even bother to wash up before falling into his bed and falling asleep.