𝐗𝐈𝐕

i'll proofread later, just excuse mistakes.
and since ik some of y'all probably missed it...go read the chapter before this one.

𝙴𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚒 𝙵𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚛 | 𝙼𝚊𝚗𝚒

"You took yo' medicine?" Reggie asked as me, him, my momma, and the rest of our group including Zion walked into the courthouse.

"Mhm." I nodded.

It's been three weeks since Khalil got arrested and everything was just all over the place. When I got released from the hospital I also got diagnosed with depression and had to take medicine for it, which I was scared to do since the sight of pills triggered the last time I took them.

"Hey Emani." I turned around and saw Khalil's mom, Tisha. Honestly I thought she would hate me because I was basically the reason her son is sitting in a cell but she wasn't. She understood after we sat down and talked about it.

"Hey." I gave her a small smile and she pulled me into a hug.

"You been good?"

"I'm doing better. I would be doing even more if Khalil wasn't in the situation he's in." I explained.

It was hard to deal with this because Khalil was the only person I wanted to see. The odds just ain't in our favor.

"Yeah. But when we go in there, tell them how you really feel. You don't have to lie about anything." She told me and I nodded.

████████████████

"If we're being honest here Mr. Dion, your case isn't looking too good. Having sex with a minor is considered rape no matter how you put it. And then for you to expose it makes it even worse." The judge shook her head.

Khalil look so unbothered and over it all and I didn't blame him, I am too.

What she said made me confused because the age of consent IS 16 years old and I'm 16.

"You're facing 5 to 20 years."

5 to 20? Chile no.

After a while I finally got called to the stand and I swear I was nervous as hell. I seen shit like this on law and order.

"Emani Fletcher, do you swear that the evidence that you shall give shall be the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?"

"I, Emani Fletcher, swear that the evidence that I shall give shall be the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth."

"Mrs. Fletcher, how would you describe your relationship with Khalil? How does he treat you?"

"He treats me good. We might argue but we make up right after." I said before sitting up straight.

"So, you knew his age before this all happened, correct?"

"Yeah- I mean yes."

"Did you think he would do anything like that? Expose you to the public the way he did?"

"No."

"How did you feel when he did?"

"Mad and upset, upset mostly." I looked at Khalil for a split second.

A whole bunch of unnecessary shit later.

"Last question. Do you want to press charges against him for rape and child pornography or do you wish for all charges to be dropped?"

I cringed my ass off whenever they said rape. They keep trying to make him and this situation something that it isn't. I talked it out with my mom and she made sure to let them know that the decision was fully up to me.

"Actually, I have a question." I twisted my lips to the side. Everybody's attention turned to me as if they was shocked or sum.

"Yes?"

"Why y'all keep saying rape like that? The age of consent is 16, either I don't know my birthday or I AM 16." I looked around at all of these white people. They ain't slick.

Khalil chuckled and put his head down. Almost the whole time I was up here he was being childish, making faces and shit. He was bored.

"Well...uh."

Exactly bitch.

"Thank you. And no, I wouldn't." I said truthfully.

Ain't no way in hell I was finna press charges. Reggie and Leon explained that this was all because of Milan and I felt some type of way because I should've known.

"Alright so it's settled. All charges will be dropped and Khalil is sentenced to 5 years in prison since he's guilty of child pornography."

Hollon what?

"What? I just said I wanted to drop them."

"Mrs Fletcher you attempted suicide because of this situation, a punishment for his doing is needed. He would've gotten 20 but you dropped the charges. This court is adjourned."

"All rise."

Everybody stood up and the judge left the bench.

I got up and walked right over to where Khalil was.

"Khalil I didn't-"

"It's straight mani. How that one saying go? You do the crime, you do the time."

"This ain't funny! You just got sentenced to five whole ass years and you ain't even bothered by it. Do you know how long that is?! What am I supposed to do while you in here?"

"Nothing. Live yo' life. I ain't gon' be in here forever." He said while the police officer stood behind him trying to tell him to come on.

"But-"

"Don't wait for me Emani. I mean that shit." He said before kissing my cheek and the officer took him away.

What the fuck just happened?

so this can go hella ways.

y'all wanna see her life while he locked up for a few chapters OR do you want a 5 year time jump?

25+ votes