~2~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Severus Snape entered the great hall, he nodded to Lily as if a nod in thanks for freeing him and they nodded back. Not being able to believe they still actually thought him on the side of light. James did not, but he, of course, didn't say anything; if Dumbledore trusted Snape, then so be it. Severus began walking to his normal place in the head table; he had gotten Minerva to switch seats with him some time ago. Because he really detested sitting near the big giant oaf that they call Hagrid, and his wish was granted McGonagall had to sit at the seat next to the Headmaster on the welcoming feast on the night of the welcoming feast Madam Prince, the librarian, sat next to him. What no one was aware of was that was his aunt, his mother, Eileen Prince, had a sister who was currently working at Hogwarts.

The feast lasted the longest in 'Hogwarts: A history', Dumbledore left them off with "...after all; the Dark Lord had just been defeated by the Potter child."

What they were unaware of was that it was the girl who had protected her brother with her love, she felt for him, she had not blame him for what her parents did, for it was not his fault. He is not the prophecy child, and Jade did not even realize she was the prophecy child, not even Voldemort seemed to know that she was the prophecy child. Because his killing curse had rebounded, he seemed to think it was the boy; he now decided to let the child grow up and see how powerful he is.

Finally, Dumbledore realized he had better things to do than let children party all night he got up and shouted "SILENCE!" everyone quieted immediately.

"Prefects take your students back to their dormitories, and school has been cancelled for a week, families will be allowed to come to Hogwarts; good day!" said Dumbledore his eyes twinkling as the children were gathered and taken from the great hall to their beds for the night. None of them protested, because they were that tired; they would have fallen asleep where they stood.

"Everyone please come to my office; that includes the whole Order please," said Dumbledore as everyone hastily made there way to the Headmaster's office to do as the man had told them.

The whole Order was in the Headmaster's office within minutes the room itself was expanded to fit the people in the room so they were not squashed. Lily and James were sitting in the front with Henry Potter, who was now asleep. The Headmaster sat down on his chair, chairs appeared out for nowhere, the Order began sitting down the room completely silent apart from Fawkes chirping, and some of the headmaster's ornaments moving and spinning now and again.

"Lily, James ,can you tell us from your point of view what happened" asked Dumbledore familiar twinkle coming back to his eyes brighter than it had ever been in a long time, which annoyed Severus to no end; he really hated that blasted twinkle.

"We were in the house when the door blasted open, we realized something was wrong immediately; we ran to our son's room before we could reach our baby, you-know-who froze us, and then Voldemort used the killing curse on my baby but it rebounded back, then me and James double apparated with Henry out of there just as it was about to hit the Dark Lord; that's it we then made our way back to Hogwarts to tell you all" said Lily. James nodding saying "that is exactly what happened,"

"Severus can you tell us what happened after the killing curse rebounded" said Dumbledore, Severus wanted nothing more than tell them that he was still alive

However, didn't, he would not disobey his Lord.

'After they apparated Wormtail came in and took the killing curse for him!' he thought saying out loud "The killing curse killed him leaving him nothing but a pile of ashes on the floor" said Severus. Wanting nothing more than kill those buggers he was beginning to regret giving that idea to his Lord, but he cannot deny he had had a great laugh tonight the idiot truly thought he was gone.