~9~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jade sat down on the rugs of Severus' quarters they were currently warm and comfortable. She didn't think she could get anymore content than she was right now, that was until someone she had heard lots about as well as seen lots about, Albus Dumbledore. She more than anyone else knew what he was like because she had visions of what the man was really like.

As soon as she saw him she strengthened her Occlumency barriers, Tom had forced her to learn when she was seven years old. She had not wanted to at the time; she would rather be reading all day. However, in the end she had been forced, he told her she would understand when she was older and the quicker she learned the safer she would be. Even now, she felt guilty about fighting about it, Tom had always loved her and would have not forced her to do anything that was not important, and she now understood just like he said she would.

She hated the thought of someone being able to find Tom out because she did not know Occlumency and also the thought of someone finding about her abuse and her thoughts in general.

The Headmaster looked like a old grandfatherly man, that Tom had told her all about, his fakeness and all, and she had to agree there was no that this was the real Albus Dumbledore, She had saw the real man in her dreams, her visions. The man underneath all this was a cruel evil sadistic man that accused Voldemort being evil just to cover up his own disgusting evil acts. She wished she could just kill the murderer where she sat, she just barley stopped herself from growling when he spoke to her like he was an old friend.

"Ah Jade! How are you my dear?" asked Dumbledore a twinkle in his eye.

"Do I know you?" she asked making herself look confused.

"I'm Sorry my dear my name is Albus Dumbledore Headmaster of this school" said Dumbledore as if now she knew she could trust him.

"I see and is that meant to mean something? And why act as if we are best of friends?" she asked with an eyebrow raised, she was not going to be manipulated or pushed around by this man; there was no way she was.

"I'm sorry my dear" said the Headmaster sounding and looking very much his one hundred and fifty years old.

"It's fine" she said curtly.

"But I did know you as a child, you were very smart" said Dumbledore a twinkle coming to his eyes.

She did not answer back just stared at him as is she did not know him, which was not very hard. She was just relaxing slightly when she felt him probe into her mind, with a snarl she slammed her extra mental shields down, causing him to tumble from her mind, Severus knew immediately what happened, all he could do was hope she had managed to get them up and time and not let him into her mind.

"Who did you learn from?" asked Dumbledore breathless, he had never seen someone with such good mental shields before, not even Severus had those kind of shields although he could not get in. The shields he had just been in were completely different.

She did not answer him she just looked away and into the fire, not moving an inch not looking like she was going to answer him any time soon.

"Who did you live with?" asked Dumbledore, hoping to get an answer.

However, she disappointed him, she did not answer in fact she looked like she had not heard him at all. Dumbledore had to stop himself from exploding at her; he could not let himself loose his cool not now anyway. Especially if he wanted this power on his side, and he knew she was magically powerful, he would have to be stupid to not feel it.

"Why didn't you return to your parents?" asked Dumbledore the twinkle leaving his eyes. He needed to know where she had gone, because it must be a dark family because she did not adore him like everyone else, but he thought perhaps she had been in the muggle world.

"Did you live in the muggle world?" asked the man who was starting to get impatient. He would use Veritaserum on her if he had to, he was sure Severus would love to help him; after all he did hate the Potters. He thought Severus took Jade just to annoy her parents and get information out of her, that was what Severus was going to tell him, but it was so far from the truth that it was laughable.

"Do you want to come to Hogwarts?" he then asked, when he got no answer he stood up. He was not going to sit there all night talking to someone who would not talk back to him, he would get Hermione Granger to befriend her and get the information for him. After all a girl, her age would want a friend.

"You can stay here, next year you will be going back to your parents house to get to know them, you left them heart broken, they searched high and low for you! Every orphanage and everything to no success" said Dumbledore hoping that got a reaction from her, but it did not with a sigh he said to Severus,

"You will attend Hogwarts for the next year, I will contact the Ministry and make you stay if I have to and force you to stay, good day" said Dumbledore before he asked.

"Severus can I speak to you for a moment please?" he asked nicely.

"Very well Headmaster, stay here I will be back, don't touch anything in here if you want your arms to leave the room in tact" said Severus as he swept out after the Headmaster.

The Potions Master entered an empty dungeons room that Dumbledore indicated that he enter. With a sigh, he ran his hand through his hair, wondering what the old man could want but he was not prepared for what came out of the old man's mouth.

"Severus keep her under your guidance, do what you can to get her to tell you, you have my permission and brew me some Veritaserum!" demanded the Headmaster to Severus who had nearly dropped his jaw at the man's meaning.

"Yes, Headmaster" said Severus mustering a smirk on his face before wiping around and he was away back into his quarters passing the fireplace, unable to believe what he had heard. He was now more glad than ever that he was the one who had taken her to his quarters. He would hate anyone else getting to hurt or touch his soul mate. He would protect her with his life, she was beautiful and many would have taken advantage of her.

"What's the matter?" she asked when she saw he was agitated.

"Nothing" Snape grounded out. Not like he was going to tell her that, the headmaster had given him permission to beat Jade to a bloody pulp if he wanted to. He would need to tell Tom what was happening, he needed the man's advice he had never needed it before and it made him feel like a five year old again.

"Tell me" she got up and demanded, Severus didn't mind that she was shouting at him, all he could think was that she looked even more gorgeous angry, her cheeks flushing, her hair swirling around her and the expression on her face, he knew he would not be able to lie to her because Tom would probably tell her they after all were very close. Nothing would ever undo that bond Jade and Tom's bond, not even Dumbledore could.

"Dumbledore wants to know who you have stayed with, he is giving me permission to beat you to find out and he is demanding that I brew the strongest truth potion known to man," said Severus tiredly. He plopped down on the couch, Jade followed him with a frown on her beautiful face Severus decided there and then he did not like it; it didn't suit Jade to worry at all. It only made him all the more determined to protect her.