~4~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next couple of years went faster than ever. Severus did not see his Lord again, although Lucius had been called a few times and told Severus all about it, and Severus got to see his godson watching him grow up from a toddler to a nice respectable child and now a young boy. He had never stopped thinking about Jade, he did not call her Potter because she was not, not to him, and the Potters had abandoned her.

For a seven-year-old, Jade sure knew a lot more than anyone would ever know, she knew lots about the history of the wizarding world, Defence against the dark arts. She had a wand but she still had a child's voice and the spells were mispronounced causing damage to the training room. Her dad had taken the wand from her after that. After she had been there for three months she said something to the Dark Lord that made his impossibly hard heart melt just slightly, she was making him soft and he admitted it.

----------------

Flash back

----------------

Jade had just gotten dressed, still getting used to getting baths and being allowed to wear clothes again, it was strange for her, it was wizarding made muggle clothes that she wore most of the time, she had been learning to read for the past couple of days, she had finally had the energy to move. She was surprised by the man who had taken her; she had hardly saw him apart from meals.

"Here are some books for you to read, they might help you on your way to successfully being able to read and write," said Tom as he turned to leave. Jade realized that he was more of a dad than her other had been, in fact he was a great dad, he had never raised his hand or wand to her like James had, so she whispered,

"Thanks, dad."

She did not see his ruby eyes widen or the ice melt around the dark man's soul. He was dark, he had been in the darkness for a long time, thanks to getting abused and beaten at an orphanage. Dumbledore's fault. Tom had told Dumbledore he had trusted him, and he had just betrayed him by sending him back. Once long ago, he had trusted that man, like many people before and after him, that was when he never trusted again, if you cannot trust Dumbledore, then who can you trust? No one.

That was when Tom had gone down the journey to the supposed Dark side; Tom wanted fairness for every magical being. And Tom would die for his beliefs, just like many of Tom's supporters; most of them had magical blood in there veins but didn't affect them because it had been diluted for years it wore thin and now didn't affect them.

Tom quietly nodded his head not turning around, he walked out of the door, and he could never raise his hand to the child. For she had done something no one could, she had made Tom Riddle love her, and she loved Tom as a dad no one had loved Tom before but now here was a little girl doing something no one had ever done. She had also softened him and Tom had made room in his padded heart for the little girl.

---------------------

End flash back

---------------------

It had been years since then, she had totally softened him. Tom had long thought he did not have a heart but now he knew he did. His heart was ten times the size it had been when he had entered Potter's residence, he no longer felt the need to cast Crucio to get rid of his anger. He no longer needed to hate people, all he needed to think about was Jade and he would instantly calm, she was like a drug although she was doing what no drug could relaxing Tom Riddle. Years ago, nothing could calm the man. So much had changed and it was thanks to the little besom that was right now outside playing with her friends Daphne and Draco.

They were having duels with fake wands, which did push out spells but they were never what they said, they were charms that would not hurt you, like change your hair and eyes. By the time, they were finished Draco had red hair, red eyes, Daphne had blonde hair with cat eyes, and Jade had green hair and brown eyes. Tom had to admit no matter what, Jade always looked cute. What Tom was unaware was that Jade had albums full of pictures of them together, no matter what Tom was like, Jade wanted pictures of her dad.

Not that he was bad looking; he had stopped delving into the dark arts and was making potions to make himself look nicer, Jade didn't mind what he looked like, ever since she had gotten there she had made three albums full of her and her friends and dad. She had yet to meet her soul mate, she knew he was near.

She turned out to have a photographic memory and could read anything, she would only need to read it once then she would remember it forever, even remembered the first time she met Tom, as well as what James had done to her. As well as every single vision, she had.

Severus had listened for everything he would be able to tell his Lord when he called him again, he had heard James and Lily had almost lost their son, but they had stopped the man from taking him, Dumbledore had tried as he had told Severus he would, the mood he had been in had been a rage.

---------------

Flash back

---------------

Severus had gotten up as usual, before going for breakfast as usual; the great hall looked as it normally done, the gold walls laminating the hall the torches not needing to be lit, that morning. Severus as usual sat down and began eating his meal; Dumbledore to his surprise was sitting eating his meal a twinkle in his eye. Severus was immediately on guard that twinkle meant trouble for everyone.

It was not long before he realized what was wrong, when the newspaper came through with the owls. He nearly spewed his coffee out all over the place, he knew the Headmaster would do it, but already was ridicules. To his satisfaction...

BOY WHO LIVED NEARLY KIDDNAPPED AND KILLED HIT MAN CAUGHT.

Henry Potter the-boy-who-lived was nearly killed by a hit man, he doesn't seem to want to talk, veritaserum is going to be used in three days when it's brewed thankfully the moon is at it's right phase for the potion to be brewed, we will find who wanted to end the heroic life of the boy who lived.

Albus Dumbledore will be in charge of the investigation, wanting to personally, as well as Alastair Moody and James Potter all seeing the case personally an outsider is going to be there just in case anything happens but we have the oaths of James Potter and Alastair Moody.

More information will be given when there is new information to give, thanks for reading the Daily Prophet James Potter the father of the Boy-who-Lived and Lily Evans-Potter were being comforted and comforting there child after what happened that night they are all in shock.

Boy-who-lived becoming more and more powerful, he last night cast a levitation spell according to James Potter his son lifted his arm and the levitation began. Is our hero that powerful he is doing levitation spells when he is a baby?

Rita Skeeter

Daily Prophet Reporter

Severus practically gaped at the paper, was the old man that stupid to try something after threatening them. He actually wanted to kill the child. Severus shook his head he knew that Dumbledore was not that desperate. He knew Dumbledore needed the child, he had told them that he was not gone completely other wise the mark would be gone.

He was brought out of his shock by a bang, as the Headmasters seat went flying to the ground, he looked just as shocked as Severus felt, with a exit worthy of Severus he left, the doors fell shut with a bang! Severus felt like dancing it had been along time since he had seen the Headmaster loose his cool.